Is this a good photograph?

crawdaddio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Alright hit me with everything you've got. Do you like it?

pipe.jpg

I like the techinacality of it but the subject itself isnt doing anything for me. Nice focus and dof, i also like the positioning in the frame and the progressivly blurrier brick wall.

-Joe

I like the DOF and the compostition is fine, so technically its fine. The object doesn't do much for me in way of feeling, but as far as the question "is this a good picture" goes, that my friend is up to you. If you achieved what you set out to do then the picture is successful, no one can tell you its not a "good" picture as if it were fact, because that would only be a single opinion. Have faith in yourself and conviction in your pictures and you will feel more confident about them. :)

The exposure is good, and i love the detail. But the subject is boring, and the background is a little too distracting for such a simple subject.

ditto on what everyone else said but adding one little thing that is just personal. I think I would have liked it more if you were to shoot the pipe all the way to the ground. Giving the pipe head an anchoring point. As it is you have a piece of pipe floating in air. It is disturbing because its not how we normally see pipes.

Just a thought... I wish you would reshoot it and repost it, because I think it would be a more interesting picture still just a pipe but a better pipe.

NYY said:
The exposure is good, and i love the detail. But the subject is boring, and the background is a little too distracting for such a simple subject.

My thoughts exactly. Boring.

Thank you all for the feedback.:sexywink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back