Is this a good price for this camera ??

Also, when cleaning lenses of any kind, use a LIGHT touch and in a semi circular pattern from the center out. Wiping in a straight line can cause scratches that will show up on the picture.

I had one of these (before it got stolen) and is really handy, but requires a bit of learning and practice so not to push hard.
http://kinetronics.com/store/SGPK_product.html

Oh god no!!!
never use any glass cleaners, only use solutions designed specifically for the element you are cleaning (e.g. Lens cleaner, use it for glasses too)
And there is sensor cleaning solution, as a newbie your probably better paying a pro every 6 months or so to give your camera a clean (they just use a brush, usually arctic butterfly.) or they will use special swabs
Ill find a reference link to cleaning your sensor... you shouldnt touch your sensor unless you know what your doing!

The cameras are actually pretty easy to clean if you learn how
thanks dude . . . I really do appreciate the info , as a matter of fact I just watched some youtube videos on how to clean your camera , inside and out , but I will do what you say and take it to a pro ;)

@UUilliam , benlonghair

Thanks for the comments you guys . . . I am really lost on all this info , ISO , Noise (what the heck is noise) , white balance , etc . . . I am just gonna go with either of those 2 models , if I do like it and think it's what I want to do , then I will save some more and get a better camera right ??

No worries. I had no fricken' clue before I bought my camera. I'd used an old school Minolta slr with zero electronics to learn on. There's a sticky at the top of beginners forum that is a list of common terms. Check it out, if you've got a minute.

I am extremely happy with my D60 which is on par with the bottom bracket of Canon cameras. It does have limitations. But, as I'm fond of saying, you get what you pay for. And to learn on, it's great.

Hmnn I am meeting with this lady tomorrow , as right now I am in Tijuana , and can not go to San Diego right now (to much line to cross the border)

You sure your name isn't Henry? (Warning: Hippie related content ahead.)

@UUilliam , benlonghair

Thanks for the comments you guys . . . I am really lost on all this info , ISO , Noise (what the heck is noise) , white balance , etc . . . I am just gonna go with either of those 2 models , if I do like it and think it's what I want to do , then I will save some more and get a better camera right ??

No worries. I had no fricken' clue before I bought my camera. I'd used an old school Minolta slr with zero electronics to learn on. There's a sticky at the top of beginners forum that is a list of common terms. Check it out, if you've got a minute.

I am extremely happy with my D60 which is on par with the bottom bracket of Canon cameras. It does have limitations. But, as I'm fond of saying, you get what you pay for. And to learn on, it's great.

Hmnn I am meeting with this lady tomorrow , as right now I am in Tijuana , and can not go to San Diego right now (to much line to cross the border)

(Warning: Hippie related content ahead.)

I'm not Henry . . . LMFAO !!

But I am Mexican dude . . . I was born in L.A. California , but I am as Mexican as it gets :thumbup: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok . . . I know it must be really annoying that I keep bothering you guys for advice , but I have no other place to ask , sorry guys !!

All of my Bro's know about bikes and other stuff I can not mention :blushing: but nobody knows anything about cameras , pc's , or any geeky stuff ;)

Ok . . . so now down to business , I made up my mind and I will be getting either a Sony A100 or a Sony A200 , What do you think ??

What lens are compatible with the Sony cameras ??

Anybody have any experience with those ??

I saw a couple of A100 for less than $350 dlls and I saw a couple of A200 for less than $400

Cons ??

Pros ??

Rants . . . ??

From what I understand Sony has hired all the optical engeneers from the now defunct Minolta-Konica corporation which means you'll be able to use those lenses on Sony Slrs. That means you'll have a lot of inexpensive lenses to choose from.

I looked at the A200 before buying a Canon and looked like a pretty good beginners SLR.

"I looked at the A200 before buying a Canon and looked like a pretty good beginners SLR."

True in two ways. 1/ It seems like a pretty good camera and you get get Minolta glass (lenses.) All my 35mm gear is Minolta because of the beauty of its glass. 2/ It is a beginner's camera and Sony is an electronics company, not a photography company. So who knows what is in its future where photography is concerned.

Digital bodies change pretty regularly so your big investment is in the glass which is as it should be anyway. And if there is a possibility (I haven't read the entire thread) that you would take your photography to a higher level in the future, you want to go with a brand that will allow you to upgrade your body and use the same glass and, from what I have seen of the digital gear out there, it means sticking to either Canon or Nikon.

If you take your time, you will find the right used equipment at the right price. eBay (do your homework before you buy there), craigslist and local camera stores are all places to check regularly.

From what I understand Sony has hired all the optical engenders from the now defunct Minolta-Konica corporation which means you'll be able to use those lenses on Sony Slrs. That means you'll have a lot of inexpensive lenses to choose from.

I looked at the A200 before buying a Canon and looked like a pretty good beginners SLR.
Yeap . . . it seems like it won an award in 2008 for best entry SLR camera !!

So yeap , I am gonna go with it , thanks dude

"I looked at the A200 before buying a Canon and looked like a pretty good beginners SLR."

True in two ways. 1/ It seems like a pretty good camera and you get get Minolta glass (lenses.) All my 35mm gear is Minolta because of the beauty of its glass. 2/ It is a beginner's camera and Sony is an electronics company, not a photography company. So who knows what is in its future where photography is concerned.

Digital bodies change pretty regularly so your big investment is in the glass which is as it should be anyway. And if there is a possibility (I haven't read the entire thread) that you would take your photography to a higher level in the future, you want to go with a brand that will allow you to upgrade your body and use the same glass and, from what I have seen of the digital gear out there, it means sticking to either Canon or Nikon.

If you take your time, you will find the right used equipment at the right price. eBay (do your homework before you buy there), craigslist and local camera stores are all places to check regularly.
I am not really sure if I will like this photography stuff , I mean I am anxious right now to go out there and start shooting pics !!

But like I said before . . . my budget is $400 dlls , and it seems to me that so far this is the best deal , since it's a newer model , than the Canon's I have seen for the same price , but I could be wrong , I don't know jack about cameras . . . what do you think ??

I mean I know you just suggested me to get a Canon , but if you were in my budget , would you get a Canon XT , XTI or the Sony A200 ??

If you're anxious to start shooting go with whatever you can get now. I just think that the deal you started this thread about, the Canon 20D, was more interesting. I just looked on eBay and there's a few of them there.

If you're anxious to start shooting go with whatever you can get now. I just think that the deal you started this thread about, the Canon 20D, was more interesting. I just looked on eBay and there's a few of them there.
So the EOS 20D (even though is a 5 year old camera) and the Canon XT or XTI are better than the Sony ??

I can only cut and paste what I said before: "Digital bodies change pretty regularly so your big investment is in the glass which is as it should be anyway. And if there is a possibility (I haven't read the entire thread) that you would take your photography to a higher level in the future, you want to go with a brand that will allow you to upgrade your body and use the same glass and, from what I have seen of the digital gear out there, it means sticking to either Canon or Nikon."

The big question is: do you think you could get interested in developing your photography skills enough to eventually want to do more than take photos of your rides and club buddies and so, get better equipment?

If yes, go with Canon or Nikon.

If no or probably no, go with Sony.

I can only cut and paste what I said before: "Digital bodies change pretty regularly so your big investment is in the glass which is as it should be anyway. And if there is a possibility (I haven't read the entire thread) that you would take your photography to a higher level in the future, you want to go with a brand that will allow you to upgrade your body and use the same glass and, from what I have seen of the digital gear out there, it means sticking to either Canon or Nikon."

The big question is: do you think you could get interested in developing your photography skills enough to eventually want to do more than take photos of your rides and club buddies and so, get better equipment?

If yes, go with Canon or Nikon.

If no or probably no, go with Sony.
All I want to do is take great pics of my buddies and my kids , I will give my best to learn and take better pics everyday , so I guess the Sony it is huh ??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back