is this a new trend...or am I still living in the middle ages?

DinoThePhotoGuy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
People doing Fine Art Photographs with Fruits like apples, bananas, pears....etc. Do you like things like these in your kitchen as wall decor? I personally Find this quite interesting..and I knew artists do painting like that. But I didn't know Photographers were doing that also......Maybe for commercial reasons. But for Fine Art? Is it new........because I just found out and it gave me ideas. for later.

Well, wall art featuring fruits and bowls of fruits and such has been around for hundreds of years. I've seen many,many traditional bowl of fruit + wine and cheese types of still life photos, dating back to the 1870's. I've seen modern ones done in the 2000's as well. There are a LOT of images of fruits and vegetables on stock photo sites. We used to have a series of three French country kitchen-themed prints that had prominent displays of fruits and kitchen paraphernalia, hung in our kitchen.

Well, wall art featuring fruits and bowls of fruits and such has been around for hundreds of years. I've seen many,many traditional bowl of fruit + wine and cheese types of still life photos, dating back to the 1870's. I've seen modern ones done in the 2000's as well. There are a LOT of images of fruits and vegetables on stock photo sites. We used to have a series of three French country kitchen-themed prints that had prominent displays of fruits and kitchen paraphernalia, hung in our kitchen.
Interesting because I just found out.......although I knew they painting and engravings or lithographs like that. In Photography form is knew to me.

But for Fine Art?
I would happily purchase a food/kitchen still life if I found a good one. Of course it would have to be better than one I could produce, and then it would be dependent upon my budget and hanging space.

The genre is definitely not new, but the reason you've not noticed it yet is because you've just been hatched and haven't seen enough.

Now that you have those ideas, get cracking on making those photographs.

But for Fine Art?
I would happily purchase a food/kitchen still life if I found a good one. Of course it would have to be better than one I could produce, and then it would be dependent upon my budget and hanging space.

That is a Given I think. If you can make one why would you buy it? it wouldn't make sense. Unless you are too buzy and you have no time to even try. But the question was do you like the idea.....? It impressed me because Although I was used to seeing this in drawings, paintings, and lithographs. I Had never seen any in the form of Photography. and I thought why would anyone even bother to Photograph such a thing? But after I thought about it for a while. Why not?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back