is this a scam????

You know, this kinda message pops up every short while. The answer is ALWAYS the same:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sonic_Cameras

There are some VERY good reasons why the club sponsered businesses here got here... and its not because they blatantly rip people off. Adorama and B&H are reputable places. Use them if for NOTHING else than as a sanity check. You may find deals a little better, but if you find deals a LOT better... its no deal.

"If something looks too good to be true, it usually is!"

Last edited:
Are there that many people to fall for that crap that these businesses are able to keep in operation????

sigh....

And the internet and legal red tape let them keep trading (often legally) for a considerable time before the boss takes a quick no returns holiday -- with cash.

I dunno how they even operate. I assume they take everything out of the box and ship the body. No batteries, no charger etc... I dunno tho. I almost got scammed by them once before I knew about them. I thought it was too good to be true also I looked them up. Bad review.

I deleted my post...

I read a few more of the reviews.. :D

If I knew I could get a legit new 40D for $600, I'd go buy 2 right now.

The Sarducci brothers have some that "fell off the back of a truck" they'll sell you for that. :D

Are there that many people to fall for that crap that these businesses are able to keep in operation????

sigh....
Yes always. I see the have the D700 for 2K, woohoo Im going to get myself one today. :lol:
And a 1.02 rating nice.

The only good thing about those kind of sellers is that seeing the f2.8 lenses for sale made me want them although i was reluctant to buy from the seller who was as shady as they come. I orginally wanted f4 lenses but seeing the f2.8 was enough to swing me.

I eventually went to B&H and never regretted it for a second.

Fantastic shop and very helpful and knowledgeable staff - I'd recommend them everytime.

I'm suspicious. You can get that flash for about $240 legitimately, but the list price is about $400. $199 seems very low-ball and I'd ask alot of questions ...
yea...ive been searching for reviews from that site...i cant find any...but $199 is a hell of a good price but seems to good

Most reactions

New Topics

Back