Lens hood EW-78B II
Has a Canon Speed Light EX
Comes with Quantaray Pro Complete Backpack
All lens covers and caps included
All owners manuals still in original packaging
Have all original boxes
Has instructional DVD included
Everything for $1200 "everything is in great condition with no marks"

Now I find out the guy is in the UK. He used to live in my area but moved for a job change. He says he would send all the equipment with TNT Delivery Service. I would pay the delivery company upon arrival. I am super skeptical but don't want to give up this deal if it is legit. I have been in contact with him via email.
Do you have any suggestions on whether or not I should be considering this deal? Or and suggestions on questions I should ask.

I would say the fact that you're suspicious enough to post about it probably tells you that it's not worth pursuing. If you'd only be out 1 or 2 hundos I'd say go for it on the chance that it might be legit but for 12 hundos.... no thanks.

I would say the fact that you're suspicious enough to post about it probably tells you that it's not worth pursuing. If you'd only be out 1 or 2 hundos I'd say go for it on the chance that it might be legit but for 12 hundos.... no thanks.
Thanks for the input. I agree 1200 bones is a lot of dough. Some time I don't know if I am over skeptical due to my job or if I am hitting the nail on the head. That is why I am asking for opinions. I don't want to miss out on this if it is legit.

Haha hey give it a shot if you're that tempted. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Maybe do a quick inventory on Ebay to see what this type of used equipment would actually cost. Then email they seller and ask why it's so cheap.

If you're still in the country and close by, suggest a meeting to review the equipment. Tell him you'll have a cashiers check for the $1200.

Haha hey give it a shot if you're that tempted. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Maybe do a quick inventory on Ebay to see what this type of used equipment would actually cost. Then email they seller and ask why it's so cheap.
I have been watching the 100-400 lens on ebay and they are going for about $1200-$1300
The 70-300 goes for $450-$500
I would emagine the 18-55 would go for $700-$800
The 28-135 I would think would go for $250-$300
The 20D camera would be about $650

So we are looking at $3250 ish for just this stuff.
I will email him and ask why it is so cheap. Anyone have any other questions I should ask?

If you're still in the country and close by, suggest a meeting to review the equipment. Tell him you'll have a cashiers check for the $1200.
He is in Manchester, UK and I am in Arizona. Maybe I could bluff him and tell him I may beable to get a friend of a friend to meet with him and look it over. If he says no then no deal. If he says yes then.....?

Or you might have a camera shop over there handle the transaction for a fee......one that you pick.

Or you might have a camera shop over there handle the transaction for a fee......one that you pick.
That is a good idea!! Anyone from the UK reading this know of any shops that would do this?

Let me throw this out to anyone who may know.....
Why doesn't this guy sell in the UK? What sort of market is there for used camera equipment in the UK. Is there any reason he would have a hard time selling this package for $1200 over there?

Can't answer that.....you have a valid point if the equipment is in the stated condition.

"If it's too good to be true, it usually isn't"

This is a scam. This same guy has been posting 20d's and 30d's in the Hampton Roads, VA area as well as the Richmond area. He was posted on Craigs list and I sent him a question on why so cheap. He continued to send these replies to me

"Hi,
I still have the canon and please let me know if you want more photos.
My name is Sean Cox and I am now in Liverpool, United Kingdom.
I hope you are still interested and we can make the deal happen right away.
Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
I have found a way for us to complete the deal fast (3 days) and easy. The solution is a

worldwide delivery company called TNT. TNT is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS and they will
provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the canon.
With this procedure you will be able to check the canon before I receive the payment.

Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the canon right away.
Let me know what you think.

Thank you,
Sean"

And this...

"I understand you, I also hate this scams.. that have made the trough meaning of on-line shoppingh a true boby trup.. if by any reasons woul like to know how the deal works and why I think is safe for us just give me a reply...

thanks for your time I wish you luck with your search if mine will not be wanted anymore for you due to this situations.

Thanks,
Sean

and this came from the same e-mail address as the first 2, but had a different name signed. This fella is very persistant I must say.

Hello,

I still have the camera. Is working 100%, all are Cannon brand. I've used as a hobbyist. With this camera have been made 630 Pictures. The price is $1200 no less.
My name is Robert Ferguson and I am now in Manchester, United Kingdom.
Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
I have found a way for us to complete the deal fast (3 days) and easy. The solution is a worldwide delivery company called TNT. TNT is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS and they will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the camera.
With this procedure you will be able to check the Camera before I receive the payment.
Thank you,
Robert

Hope this helps everyone. His e-mail address is [email protected] I have reported him to Craigs List and all of the postings.

Jeremy

This is a scam. This same guy has been posting 20d's and 30d's in the Hampton Roads, VA area as well as the Richmond area. He was posted on Craigs list and I sent him a question on why so cheap. He continued to send these replies to me

"Hi,
I still have the canon and please let me know if you want more photos.
My name is Sean Cox and I am now in Liverpool, United Kingdom.
I have found a way for us to complete the deal fast (3 days) and easy. The solution is a
worldwide delivery company called TNT. TNT is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS and they will
provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the canon.
With this procedure you will be able to check the canon before I receive the payment.

Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the canon right away.

Thank you,
Sean"

And this...

"I understand you, I also hate this scams.. that have made the trough meaning of on-line shoppingh a true boby trup.. if by any reasons woul like to know how the deal works and why I think is safe for us just give me a reply...

thanks for your time I wish you luck with your search if mine will not be wanted anymore for you due to this situations.

Thanks,
Sean

and this came from the same e-mail address as the first 2, but had a different name signed. This fella is very persistant I must say.

Hello,

I still have the camera. Is working 100%, all are Cannon brand. I've used as a hobbyist. With this camera have been made 630 Pictures. The price is $1200 no less.
My name is Robert Ferguson and I am now in Manchester, United Kingdom.
I have found a way for us to complete the deal fast (3 days) and easy. The solution is a worldwide delivery company called TNT. TNT is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS and they will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the camera.
With this procedure you will be able to check the Camera before I receive the payment.
Thank you,
Robert

Hope this helps everyone. His e-mail address is [email protected] I have reported him to Craigs List and all of the postings.

Jeremy

I have received the same emails to the letter. He told me his name was Robert Ferguson. I just got an email from him a few minutes ago. The name on this last email was "from Sean Cox" but signed Robert. He is still using the same email address. Your right, he is persistent. Deal or No Deal?
No deal Howie!!!!!
Edit: Jeremy, thanks for the post!!!! This is exactly why I posted the question.

Hey no prob I was posted this morning about the 30d deal. I have been looking to get an XTi, and for the price he had listed for the 30 I was like heck ya let me talk to this guy . LOL amazing how poor the english gets with more e-mails. I hope you report him on whatever forum you found his ad on as well.

PS
Craigs List has removed 3 of the 4 posts so far since this morning. I found a new XTi post from the same guy lol. Glad to see reporting does help.

Most reactions

Back