Is this Accurate...

iClick Studios

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is accurate info right? I'm pretty sure it is but I'm double checking it before I pass the info on.

EF lenses have a mount that will fit on all Canon EOS Camera, XT, 5D, 30D, Rebel, etc

EF-S lenses have a mount that will only fit on Canon crop cameras, such as the XT, 30D, Rebel, etc. EF-S lenses do not fit (mount) onto full frame cameras such as the 5D, etc. These cameras will have a white dot on the lens body to show how to align the lens on the camera body.

EF L lenses have a mount that will fit on all Canon EOS Camera, XT, 5D, 30D, Rebel, etc. These are higher quality lenses.

that's right. And L is about the glass. They still have an EF mount. There are two mounts for Digital Canons. EF and EF-S. The film ones have a different mount, I forgot the name.

that's right. And L is about the glass. They still have an EF mount. There are two mounts for Digital Canons. EF and EF-S. The film ones have a different mount, I forgot the name.

Is it TS-E???

TS-E is tilt shift. The mount is still EF but it's said that it's TS-E because it's made differently than an EF lens since it only has manual focus. same with MP-E which stands for Macro Photo. The other mounts are FD(old), FL (older), and R(dinosaur mount)

TS-E is tilt shift. The mount is still EF but it's said that it's TS-E because it's made differently than an EF lens since it only has manual focus. same with MP-E which stands for Macro Photo. The other mounts are FD(old), FL (older), and R(dinosaur mount)

Oh, thanks for setting me straight.

Some Canon Film cameras can use the EF lens such as EOS Rebel K2 ... or any other EOS film cameras.

Some Canon Film cameras can use the EF lens such as EOS Rebel K2 ... or any other EOS film cameras.
haha well I am from the newer generation never had a film SLR in my hands lol. P&S yes but no SLR. If I find one for $10 i'll buy it :p

EF-S lenses have a mount that will only fit on Canon crop cameras, such as the XT, 30D, Rebel, etc. EF-S lenses do not fit (mount) onto full frame cameras such as the 5D, etc. These cameras will have a white dot on the lens body to show how to align the lens on the camera body.
I have both APS-C (EF-S) and Full Frame bodies and neither have a "white dot" to show lens alignment. They both have the same red dot on both the mount/frame and lens to show alignment. The dot color and location is the same on both bodies. This is with a Canon 50D and a Canon 5DMk2.

***EDIT: I'm being a dummy. For some silly reason I was thinking my kit 28-135 lens was an EF-S lens. It's not (duh). Since I don't own a EF-S lens I have no idea if the alignment dot is white or not.

Last edited:
Or you could just use nikon, where every lens works on the good digital cameras, except for 1 or 2 of the most arcane, weirdest lenses.

:lol:
Just a joke, but seriously, nikon users have it easier.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back