Is this bad advice or am I just being pesimistic?

Might as well rename his site to krockwell.com

Because 99% of the time what he says is a crock of ****.

The web is filled with nonsense and untruths. Why pick on Ken specifically?

Maybe because, like some others... he presents his words as Gospel, and targets the young and innocent (in other words, NOOBs) that don't know any better.. that fall for his BS!

The web is filled with nonsense and untruths. Why pick on Ken specifically?

Maybe because, like some others... he presents his words as Gospel, and targets the young and innocent (in other words, NOOBs) that don't know any better.. that fall for his BS!

Man, I hate those dudes.

SQUIRREL!
3229186783_3897e708d8.jpg

This distraction and return to normality was brought to you by the letter S, the number 0 and the reminder to ease up a bit and calm down ;)

Also the word squirrel looks darn odd when in bold capitals

"This website is my way of giving back to our community. It is a work of fiction, entirely the product of my own imagination. This website is my personal opinion. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To use words of Ansel Adams on page 193 of his autobiography, this site is my "aggressive personal opinion," and not a "logical presentation of fact.""
--Ken Rockwell
[/FONT]

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Once you start to evolve you will then start to question everything.

Is this like other bits of wisdom that arrogant middle-aged boomers pull from their ass but don't actually believe or fully understand, like, 'the older I get the more I realize that I know nothing at all'?
Sure ole' wise one.

Is this like other bits of wisdom that arrogant middle-aged boomers pull from their ass but don't actually believe or fully understand, like, 'the older I get the more I realize that I know nothing at all'?

Shawn, that is unnecessarily rude! Who is being arrogant now?
What the F is lucifer talking about now? I also wonder what he is classifying as "middle age."

I would be happy to explain any of these phenomenons to you if you need further clarification. They can be a little complex and thought provoking.

I would be happy to explain any of these phenomenons to you if you need further clarification. They can be a little complex and thought provoking.

Don't let it bug you, Kathy... I will PM you! ;)

I think it was darrel who said earlier that we have to look at how images are viewd these days, there mainly viewed on bad monitors on windows OS! Yes to a certain degree he is right! Most people who own a facebook,twitter or myspace account and a compact or bridge camera only take photos to post them in there own social networking bubble or to email them to there friend who is taking a gap year in austrailia...Im not 1 of them! Every single picture I take is taken with the intention to print it if it is a keeper. I'm not just taking snapshots of my childs first steps or my wifes 30th birthday bash, Im an artist/photographer. (yes I know that sounds condesending but lets face it thats how we all view ourselves here)

I spend a lot of time planning and executing my shots and I use 2 IPS monitors with a wide-gamut colour space not just the lcd that came with the tower. Im not having a go at you darrel but I think what you say only applies to peopl who have no intentions of actually doing photography, the ones who just take photos for a laugh and to show there mates. There is absolutley nothing wrong with that either.

I think it was darrel who said earlier that we have to look at how images are viewd these days, there mainly viewed on bad monitors on windows OS! Yes to a certain degree he is right! Most people who own a facebook,twitter or myspace account and a compact or bridge camera only take photos to post them in there own social networking bubble or to email them to there friend who is taking a gap year in austrailia...Im not 1 of them! Every single picture I take is taken with the intention to print it if it is a keeper. I'm not just taking snapshots of my childs first steps or my wifes 30th birthday bash, Im an artist/photographer. (yes I know that sounds condesending but lets face it thats how we all view ourselves here)

I spend a lot of time planning and executing my shots and I use 2 IPS monitors with a wide-gamut colour space not just the lcd that came with the tower. Im not having a go at you darrel but I think what you say only applies to peopl who have no intentions of actually doing photography, the ones who just take photos for a laugh and to show there mates. There is absolutley nothing wrong with that either.

OH? Something wrong with the Windows OS? It makes images look bad? lol!

Oh Charlie, he is fine. It takes a lot for someone to really get under my skin. He can continue with his little banter, I have my big girl pants on. :)

Oh Charlie, he is fine. It takes a lot for someone to really get under my skin. He can continue with his little banter, I have my big girl pants on. :)

And I bet those big girl britches are plenty cute, too! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back