Is this bad advice or am I just being pesimistic?

This distraction and return to normality was brought to you by the letter S, the number 0 and the reminder to ease up a bit and calm down ;)

I tried with my generational warfar hand grenade, but with my reputation as a troll I fear my ability to derail threads has diminished.

I think people doth protest too much. It becomes a badge of honour to have a pop at Ken, and in bashing threads I rarely see any real evidence that the basher knows much better than Ken himself. In so doing you actually help Ken get further up the google tree. so he won't be bothered at the bashing. Not all he says is nonsense, and I find it bizarre that people have a go at him for saying that one camera is the best ever in 2009, and then saying that another camera is the best ever in 2011. You could easily say that about many consumer cameras. 2 years is a very long time in electronics.

I would take ANY advice I found online to be worth taking a pinch of salt with. Much of it is opinion based, so differs according to viewpoint. But let's not pretend to be better at what we do because we think we know better than Ken.

I've thought long about this post and the flames that have come from it concerning Ken Rockwell. Like him or hate him, he does evoke discussion. What he does offer is a definite, highly opinionated answer to just about every possible photographic question. Many photographers want just that, a simple, maybe practical answer without all the "well, it all depends". For instance, he sees no reason to shoot RAW, he feels that JPEG is just fine for all his and everyone else's photographic needs and then states his reasons. We all know that the question of Raw vs JPEG is another one of those "well it all depends" answers but the people who like Ken, don't want "well it all depends" answers. (jmho)

This thread is actually the real problem with Ken Rockwell.

People just won't shut up about him.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back