Is this camera right for me?

Kinopuff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi! I'm a graphic designer who wants to venture into the world of photography. I want to be able to photograph my own textures, portraits, and take artsy shots to edit later. The ability to play with settings like ISO and aperture speed makes me giddy. Macro would be cool too, but I don't want to dump too much on a lens. I also just need a camera-- some dweeb stole my digital camera in February.

I was eyeballing the Canon Rebel XSi. Y/N? Is the autofocus issue too serious?

If that is all you want, have you looked at a G9/G10.

Hi! I'm a graphic designer who wants to venture into the world of photography. I want to be able to photograph my own textures, portraits, and take artsy shots to edit later. The ability to play with settings like ISO and aperture speed makes me giddy. Macro would be cool too, but I don't want to dump too much on a lens. I also just need a camera-- some dweeb stole my digital camera in February.

I was eyeballing the Canon Rebel XSi. Y/N? Is the autofocus issue too serious?

U seem to wanna do a whole lotta stuff there pal. What i see a lot of the time when people ask what camera to buy on here is to first figure out what u wanna do and then buy accordingly. So Pretty much buy what u think will fit your style. On another note about that whole " I dont wanna dump too much on a lens" comment u will soon find out that lenses are ALL pretty much expensive. so once again buy whats right for u

I hadn't really looked into the higher level point-and-shoots, as I was expecting to invest in a DSLR. If I'm going to pay that much, I might as well get something in the next tier of camera types. Thank you for the suggestion though!

The camera that was stolen was a Photosmart m537. After that camera, I don't really want to touch another point-and-shoot unless it's my cell phone. Experimenting with HDR seems interesting, too.

You're right, it's the lens that matters. I thought the XSi's kit lens looks decent for all of the above?

Did u decide on the Xsi?

Yeah, I just haven't bought it yet. Sometimes the reviews mention some autofocus problem and it makes me worry a bit.

Have u checked out the T1i i think its a little over a C note more for a little more pixels biggier image sensor and 1080p video if u r into that kinda thing

Have u checked out the T1i i think its a little over a C note more for a little more pixels biggier image sensor and 1080p video if u r into that kinda thing

I was looking at the T1i, and I wish there was something inbetween T1i and Xsi. T1i is nice, but I don't need the filming and its a little on the expensive side. For someone who is just graduating from a laggy old camera.

Thanks for your help, btw. I appreciate it

I was looking at the T1i, and I wish there was something inbetween T1i and Xsi. T1i is nice, but I don't need the filming and its a little on the expensive side. For someone who is just graduating from a laggy old camera.

Thanks for your help, btw. I appreciate it

where are u lookin to buy it from?

biggier image sensor
Lets not spread misinformation...the image sensor in the T1i is the same size as the image sensor in the XSi. Both use the APS-C size sensors.

The T1i does have more megapixels (15mp vx 12mp) but they're crammed onto the same sized sensor. And the T1i uses the newer Digic 4 image processor where the XSi uses the older Digic III.

biggier image sensor
Lets not spread misinformation...the image sensor in the T1i is the same size as the image sensor in the XSi. Both use the APS-C size sensors.

The T1i does have more megapixels (15mp vx 12mp) but they're crammed onto the same sized sensor. And the T1i uses the newer Digic 4 image processor where the XSi uses the older Digic III.

I stand corrected. Thanks Sam.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back