Is this camera worthy?

the FZ30 is NOT a professional camera. It isn't even a DSLR.
Heck...might even get teased by the instructor if you're taking photography in college.

This is a very condescending and discouraging comment. I get that maybe you were trying to be funny but I were the OP it definitely would've discouraged me to revisit the forum which is not what this forum is about. Additionally, you make it seem as if DSLR is the only route to go which is certainly not true.
Well if he was told to bring a DSLR or at least an interchangable lens camera and he showed up with a superzoom dating back to 2005, it would be worth a few chuckles.

the FZ30 is NOT a professional camera. It isn't even a DSLR.
Heck...might even get teased by the instructor if you're taking photography in college.

This is a very condescending and discouraging comment. I get that maybe you were trying to be funny but I were the OP it definitely would've discouraged me to revisit the forum which is not what this forum is about. Additionally, you make it seem as if DSLR is the only route to go which is certainly not true.
No, it doesn't have to be a DSLR but to get the power and flexibility of a DSLR it make sense you will need a camera that can change lenses and have a bigger sensor, wrong choice of words but I think in a way it is correct, this camera was just a fun family vacation camera 12 years ago, today it can make pictures assuming its still operational but it is less then a basic modern camera with a very old tech sensor which is tiny and very slow lens.
I did bring a Minox 35GT as my camera of choice at a photography contest. (Other people mostly had SLRs or Leica range finders).
But with film, there is no sensor tech to worry about.

I completely get it. My point is that we shouldn't be discouraging or poking fun. It may be all the OP can afford. Just thoughts.

Not sure how much a FZ30 goes for in 2017. OP wants a "tight" professional camera.
It's the sort of camera a professional would use in 2017 to showboat on PetaPixel.
oOh..look at me use a 15 year old camera and get great shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back