Is this legal?

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
http://www.downloadshield.com/index1.html?hop=open4sale

I was surfing and found this place...there are a few others like it. I was wondering if anyone has used places like this and is it legal?...It obvioulsy claims to be but they are offering titles yet to hit the dvd street dates. Any input would be kewl.

I'm not sure, but I'd say no. I've never heard of it and I'd expect something like that to be all over the news if it was legit. I've personally never heard of it being legal to download films. Not like it is music. And the games? No chance! Nintendo will be all over their arse soon enough. They hunt down anyone who has version of their games on the internet.

I can't say for sure. Seems very fishy to me to say the least.

Yeah that's what I was think too.

It could theoretically be legal if they pay royalties, but bear in mind that with a half-way reasonable connection speed, you could easily have their whole 3 million song database downloaded in 3 months for $20. I doubt the record companies would approve of that pricing, given the price per tune of legit sites like Tesco, iTunes, MyCokeMusic etc. where it's about $1 per track. That's the only bit that looks fishy to me - the price.

Ask a record company if it's ok to sign up - you'll get a quick response I should think!

Rob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back