Is this night shot appealing??

sheyene29

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm just curious if this is an appealing shot? I really like it, but then again I'm biased lol!

This picture is completely un altered other than a small crop and border added in photo bucket, this is a moon shot btw.

001-1-1-1.jpg

I like it. I think it could use with a bit closer crop or a bit more fill in the silhouettes-- right now there's a bit too much black space for my taste.

YES! I think its framed nicely, though my knowledge of composition is little to none.

I find it hard to believe this is the moon. It is a very cool way of looking at the moon, IMO. I thought it was the sun until I read what you wrote! :)

I like it. I think it could use with a bit closer crop or a bit more fill in the silhouettes-- right now there's a bit too much black space for my taste.

I agree, too much black. I did a 30 second exposure, but............:D

YES! I think its framed nicely, though my knowledge of composition is little to none.

I find it hard to believe this is the moon. It is a very cool way of looking at the moon, IMO. I thought it was the sun until I read what you wrote! :)

Thank you, the moon had a really nice orangey haze so I was pleased that the photos actually showed that.

I did try changing the iso to 1600 but then the moon lost its oranangyness (lol, I know, not a real word).

I like the crop. I don't believe in having to fill the frame with detail; the black speaks a thousand words in this piece. Leave it as is :)

Great shot.

I like the crop. I don't believe in having to fill the frame with detail; the black speaks a thousand words in this piece. Leave it as is :)

Great shot.

Thank you :). I go back and forth as to whether or not I like this photo lol.

I'm just not sure why I don't like it though.

Anyone else having any critiques? I even want to hear from those that don't like it, and why, maybe you can add some insight as to why I don't like it lol.

I love the range of colors..

I'd say get rid of the border. More silhouette would've been nice.

A bit too dark for me. I would have upped exposure by a stop or two and blown the heck out of the sun (it's already going to be blown out) so that you could get more exposure on the surroundings, which actually look pretty interesting. These photos are EXTREMELY difficult to shoot because light changes so drastically even from second to second with the sun so low, and passing between clouds with various levels of attenuation.

A bit too dark for me. I would have upped exposure by a stop or two and blown the heck out of the sun (it's already going to be blown out) so that you could get more exposure on the surroundings, which actually look pretty interesting. These photos are EXTREMELY difficult to shoot because light changes so drastically even from second to second with the sun so low, and passing between clouds with various levels of attenuation.

That was the moon :wink:.

Thanks everyone, I really liked the shot, just was very curious how it held up to much more critical eyes.

Most reactions

Back