Is This Normal Pricing?

Dont defend your work to yet another person who has picked up a DSLR for the first time, has probably taken 1 good image and then thinks he can compete.
Most of the good photographers are leaving this forum for this reason.

For "I'm thinking of becoming a wedding photographer" you should read "I have just bought my first DSLR"

For "these pics are awsome" you should read "They are out of focus but I'm a newbie who just wants to post something and I have no real clue anyway"

For "I think that I can take equally good images for a lot less money" you should read "I'm going to be looking to get my old job back in three months time but in the meantime I will call myself a wedding photographer and starve"

For "I'm thinking of doing some weddings, what lenses should I use" please read "I'm an idiot"

Yes, its all been said on here.

What is really sad is that there are some truely brilliant photogs on here, who we can all learn off but are fed up of all of this and can no longer be bothered to post....... or leave

are you saying that i just picked up my first dslr and have only had one good image? i dont get the point of your post?

I am not saying thjat you have just picked up your first DSLR, however you did in your post dated 12/26/2009 and I certainly didn't say that you had 1 good image.

The point of the thread is to take part in the debate that you started and refer mainly to post 3 of this thread.

However, my post was directed to the person that you believe that after shadowing a wedding photographer a few times you can do better than

Lets look at why people are moving away from this site, in fact lets take an example of some of your posts.

12/26/2009 First pic with my D40 (it's my first DSLR)
12/28/2009 White balance question
12/30/2009 SD-600 noise? (dont know too much how to work it)
12/31/2009 First night shots
10/07/2010 What to get next
01/13/2010 RAW in photoshop
01/17/2010 Another lens suggestion thread
01/24/2010 First shot at product photography
02/01/2010 Lighting Noob, need help
03/26/2010 First business card draft
04/05/2010 First portrait with a reflector
04/16/2010 First shoot with my triggers
04/18/2010 Photography class? (This was a classic)
04/30/2010 First shoot with a model

All said and done, I wish you every success but beg you to walk before you run

12/26/2009 First pic with my D40 (it's my first DSLR)
12/28/2009 White balance question
12/30/2009 SD-600 noise? (dont know too much how to work it)
12/31/2009 First night shots
10/07/2010 What to get next
01/13/2010 RAW in photoshop
01/17/2010 Another lens suggestion thread
01/24/2010 First shot at product photography
02/01/2010 Lighting Noob, need help
03/26/2010 First business card draft
04/05/2010 First portrait with a reflector
04/16/2010 First shoot with my triggers
04/18/2010 Photography class? (This was a classic)
04/30/2010 First shoot with a model

All said and done, I wish you every success but beg you to walk before you run

ok the first 2 were like 5 months ago. and yeah, i have a lot of firsts because i am trying to find my niche. so what? i spent quite a bit of time here before i got my first dslr and also spend a lot of time reading here. the photography class actually was well received and helped me get a better position at work.

and if you have the time to look at my post history, you sir live a very dull life. like i said, this thread was started a longgg time ago and my views on photography as well as life have changed quite a bit. i no longer believe that wedding photography is easy as i once thought it was. not that i thought it was easier, but i did underestimate it. i'm done with this thread, i will not be posting again. so if you do feel the need to say something, don't expect a reply from me.

When I first saw this I have to say I was a bit upset being the victim and all but now I'm kinda glad he picked me. Since this thread was started I have moved up 3 pages on Google and had a 243% traffic increase from this thread alone. I'm sure the link from the magazine company that put my work on the cover helped but hey, one click is as good as another!

So click away! Rowley Photography ;)

congrats to you on the increased traffic, hope it gets you more work as its hard enough without being slagged off on fora such as this. H

Most reactions

Back