is this not a good edit?

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not so much the picture I'm wondering about.. I purposely chose a 'boring picture'. It's the post stuff. Am I adding too much or not enough of anything in your opinions?

_MG_7424.jpg

harryreadshaw.jpg

I think the edit is great, and you did wonders on the exposure problem, but that black hat tip (I think) could be cloned out. Otherwise, wonderful job!

Good job! I agree with Emma, the black hat on the left is a bit distracting.
But very nicely done.

LOL I didnt think I would get away with leaving that hat tip there! Ok I fixed it I thikn. Thanks for your thoughts and thanks to you mysteryscribe for your time on the edit. :)

harryreadshaw-1.jpg

It looks like you brightened the exposure and gave it some overall saturation. Its very good. But I would also go a step further and boost the contrast a bit, as well as sharpen it a little more (not much though).

By the way, I LOVE your new avatar Kathi!! :thumbup:

NJ

harryreadshaw_2.jpg

You're right... that did add something huh. Thanks. And yeah, ha. I knew I had to change the avatar after the whole misleading with the white lens issue. :) thanks.

I think a tighter crop would be nice, it can solve both the hat and blue shirt problem, also bring focus onto the guy a little more. I would also burn in his cheek and forehead just a little bit to help even out the exposure.

This is a perfect example of a shot you can learn something from. Editing is not helping this shot. There are many background elements cluttering the scene. Move your body next time and frame it differently, so you can exclude as many distracting elements as possible, and also show a bit more of the person's face.

You can learn what to do next time by noting the mistakes here.

This is a perfect example of a shot you can learn something from. Editing is not helping this shot. There are many background elements cluttering the scene. Move your body next time and frame it differently, so you can exclude as many distracting elements as possible, and also show a bit more of the person's face.

You can learn what to do next time by noting the mistakes here.

Thanks digital matt, I know the shot isnt a good one - I chose it so that the attention wouldn't be on the picture itself but on the editing of the bad exposure. :sexywink: I know its hard to look past that part but I needed to know more about the exposure than the composition and whatnot in this instance - I thank you for your comments. :)

question: how does one take stuff out of a pic..eg: the hat..that was in this pic..

if i want a specific colour..can i mark a piece of the photo and then
transfer it to something i want to delete

so for the hat example: if you want exactly that grey in the colour...can you copy it somehow and put it over the hat?..stupid question i know

question: how does one take stuff out of a pic..eg: the hat..that was in this pic..

if i want a specific colour..can i mark a piece of the photo and then
transfer it to something i want to delete

so for the hat example: if you want exactly that grey in the colour...can you copy it somehow and put it over the hat?..stupid question i know

Yup just use the clone stamp, you already have the idea. You just click on the area you want to use and then color right overtop of the thing you dont want anymore. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back