is this ok?

spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tried to do this but Im not sure its ok.. your help yould be really appreciated..

cactusbloos3_filtered.jpg

well, you ask, if this is OK ... whatever OK might mean ;)

If people like an image depends on many things: composition and light, technical issues, and personal taste, ...

Technically your images appears very OK to me :)

Composition and light are very good ... there is a tiny problem with the black background in a way that it is not evenly black, but that can be easily healed with photoshop or similar!

And regarding my taste, I really like it, since it tells a story .,, and the idea of the bubble bursting when it hits one of the spikes really creates tension :)

So, yes, I think it is fairly OK ;)

Thank you Alex_B :) Could you please describe me in which areas of the picture the background isn't evenly black? I do have some issues with my flatscreen's calibration so I can't see this... :)

to the right top of the bubble all the way to the right edge of the image it has a faint blueish cast. also at the left top corner of the stop-pot (the green-ish thing) there is some strange brighter pattern which looks like you did some editing there arlready, but did not really hit black ;)

am i allowed to edit to show you where exactly it is?

ok, this is where I can see the problems (contrast intensified):

contrast1.jpg

and this is my quick go at reducing the problem (certainly not perfect ;) ):

black1.jpg

Thank you so much.. no I even have an Idea on how to check my pictures myself ;-) I didn't think of doing it that way :)

Thank you so much.. no I even have an Idea on how to check my pictures myself ;-) I didn't think of doing it that way :)

Actually, on my calibrated screen I could see it without pushing the contrast ;) ... just did this so you could see it on your screen ;)

Thank you.. I don't knoww why my screen is so dark.. I guess I will have to get something to calibrate my screen right... my brightness is at its maximum and I still can't see this in my picture.. :-(

Awesome concept and awesome shot! The blue is the only thing I would change, which is a simple fix! Good work!

Eric.

there is another way that is sort of neat.
open up the levels command (images>adjustments>levels)
put cursor on the left arrow (at the dark end of the bar) and hold down the left mouse button and the alt key.

As you slide the cursor from the far left to the right, the darkness of various tones of the image will be obvious. Ditto on right cursor.

screencopyuz4.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back