Is this photo real

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Matrion, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Matrion

Matrion TPF Noob!

Is this photo real or altered? I was just wondering. Cause parts of it look fake to me. Or it might be it was just over exposed. I do know some one cut the bottom part of and the sides. I don’t really know why though.

Possibly Fake Photo

• Like Like x 1
  2. photong

photong Typo Queen

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    You can't direct link a Yahoo! Geocities Image.

If anyone wants to view it, go to the properties, and copy the image's url and paste it into the browser.

As for the photo, not sure what I'm looking for. Looks like it's very old, and it's scanned. I don't know what exactly you think is fake about it.

They probably cut it to fit into a frame.

Which parts do you think are fake?

3. Matrion

Matrion TPF Noob!

Well I fixed the problem I put it into a web site. So just click now. I just thought the wall was kind of odd. It doesn’t look like any walls I have ever seen in my house. So I am just trying to figure out its origin. So was it over exposed at a different angle. The girls hair looks like it almost has been pasted. Kind of similar to another picture I have that is fake.

4. Don Simon

Don Simon TPF Noob!

Erm, is this photo from your house, because otherwise I can't see why the walls should look anything like those in your house. They just have wood panelling instead of say wallpaper or a plain painted wall as far as I can see. Both the kids' hair looks pretty normal to me; why on earth would anyone want to fake a photo of two kids sitting around at home? :confused:

5. Matrion

Matrion TPF Noob!

I agree why would they want fake two kids sitting. But then again why would any one want to fake a school photo like in this link. The first photo is the first link. The secound photo is a real fake picture. So I guess thats why I questioned it. Thanks for the answer though.

Both Photos

6. Don Simon

Don Simon TPF Noob!

Sorry, I'm really confused. Which part of that photo is fake? It looks like the photo was heavily stained, but I can't see what part would be fake.

7. ajmall

ajmall TPF Noob!

FTP has been used up!

8. alexecho

alexecho TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think the girls hair only looks a little odd because there is a very harsh shadow behind them. I think the flash has been too bright/close and it looks like the wooden wall has been painted with yachting varnish which gives it a phoney yellow high shine.
    Having said that I can't see what's faked about the highschool photo either, so maybe I'm missing the point?

9. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

I think I'm missing the point here too. :confused:

10. Patrick

Patrick TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :scratch: Me too.

11. PetersCreek

PetersCreek TPF Noob!

I'm not sure of the point, either...but in looking for any supposed fakiness (fakiosity?) I think I almost see a difference in the color temp between the boy's face and girl's face. Her highlights seem bluer to me.

Oh...and my grandmother has that exact same picture on her wall...so, it's obviously a fake.

12. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't understand either, but "manipulated" does not equal "fake". Why is the school pic a "fake" photo? Is it an illustration? Are you saying it's a photo montage?