is this photo stupid?

elementguy13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
its supposed to have a message but im not really feeling it.
what do you think?

3148878056_b76205394e_b.jpg

Whats the message. Recycle. Reduce. Reuse. -

hate to be rude, but i dislike it. although i did like your other pics you posted earlier this one is lacking subject in my opinion, maybe more of the bin or a different shade of green.

I like the idea (and the message) but maybe it could be a bit more powerful if more of the bin was showing? I guess you don't want to include enough so that the ugly text that is on some of the sides of those bins show up, but a little more so that you can really make that area of green pop out?

I really like the sun's rays though- shining down on the bin- well done.

nah not rude at all. honestly evertime i see it im like yuckkkkk now. I can do a lot better, quite embarrasing. lol

Good message, I just think the composition is off. The foreground and background could use some balancing. The big gaping knocked over trash barrel is where I'd start. The rays do look great.

I come from a marketing background so we like to pound a message into people's heads until they beg to be put out of their misery...or buy the product to shut us up. So to me, something's missing from the shot. I agree with Turnerea, more of the bin should show. I may even play around with putting things in it, although I'm on the fence about that until I see it.

I would photoshop the dark blotch on the top of the right building and the lightpost at the top of the left building should also be removed.

I think it's great how you're not afraid to take experimental shots to see where it takes you. Nothing to be embarrassed about. Lots of good photographers start with something like this or much worse and then revisit the concept and get a fantastic shot.

If you learn from it or it represents a step forward, no matter how small, it can't be stupid.

I like the idea (and the message) but maybe it could be a bit more powerful if more of the bin was showing? I guess you don't want to include enough so that the ugly text that is on some of the sides of those bins show up, but a little more so that you can really make that area of green pop out?

I really like the sun's rays though- shining down on the bin- well done.

I agree :)

A buddy of mine likes to make a habit of saying things like...

"Smell this... does this smell like **** to you?"

How often do you think people think anything other than it smells like ****? If they even bother to smell it? :)

I think this is a case where there is just not enough to focus on. Sometimes there is too much to focus on and the picture becomes a mess due to distractions, but in this case there is not enough to paint an overall theme. A fine line sometimes and I think on this try you came up just a bit short....

There are some nice points in the picture and some very dynamic ideas but didn't come together this time.

keep shooting, not all will be winners, only about 1% of the shots I take do I feel even begin to convey a theme the way I visioned it to be and then maybe only 10% of those would I ever present to someone as a "Good Photograph".

Yes, its stupid. Focus in on something with blurred background: "art" (yeah, right)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back