Is this pic over PP in your opinion

hankejp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Messed with the curves in Photoshop on this pic. What is your opinion of it? Overdone?

DSC_0006%20copy.jpg

WAY too much processing done to that one. Saturation is all screwed up. I don't see too much of the gamma problem as stated above, just a lot of blown out areas, I would use an exposure adjustment layer on it.

Thanks gang. What type of layer adjustment would you do? Here is the original image.

3229367375_a994373004_b.jpg

Thanks gang. What type of layer adjustment would you do? Here is the original image.

3229367375_a994373004_b.jpg

fdsafdsafds.jpg

It needed desaturation, gamma adjusted, exposure turned down, contrast increase, and several other things. The settings for the picture just seem way off. Like the white balance was off, and saturation compensation deifinitely should not hae been used in this photo.

That look tons better than mine. I'm gonna have to look at the setting of the photo once to see what I can find out.

Did you make this change in photoshop?

Thanks

Last edited:
fdsafdsafds.jpg

It needed desaturation, gamma adjusted, exposure turned down, contrast increase, and several other things. The settings for the picture just seem way off. Like the white balance was off, and saturation compensation deifinitely should not hae been used in this photo.
Much better very nicely done.

That look tons better than mine. I'm gonna have to look at the setting of the photo once to see what I can find out.

Did you make this change in photoshop?

Thanks

Yes, I made the changes in photoshop.

Steps:

1. Selected water, deselected boat.
2. Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation>Blues
-Saturation to 0
->Cyans
-Saturation to 18
->Greens
-Saturation to 0
->Yellows
-Satuation to 0
->Reds
-Saturation to 0

Then I repeated the process adjusting the hues and every color for each portion, the building, the trees, the grass, and the sky.

Ever watch CSI Miami ? Those pics remind me of that show. Upon return from every commercial break, they show some highly saturated Miami scenes. The colors are very similar to that.
I actually like it, for what it is.

I actually like it, for what it is.

I do too, except for the really blown out highlights. Once in a while oversaturated works, like for the CSI special effects described above. Especially at a place like Disney World, which is kind of oversaturated already. The highlights in your first example were jumping right out at me, though. Remember, the eye is naturally drawn to the brightest spots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back