Is this place legit?

Dannyc79

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so I was researching for prices on this lens the Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM. I spoke to my local camera dealer and he advised me to be careful on that buy because dealers get that lens for around 1300 or so. So for this place to go that low they would lose money. He said to check and make sure that the lens is not used or refurbished. He said too ask around if he thought he was just trying to sell me. The site says all new items. Btw the price is at $1089.00 tax free and free s/h. Here is the website for that site http://www.expecam.com/products.asp?product_id=10563&engine=shopcartusa

I tried to call them but they are closed right now. I got home late from work. But has anyone ever bought from them or should I stick with my local dealer. I do trust him since many of my friends go with him and highly recommend this place. But like anyone else, We all want to save money and get more bang for our buck. The plus about my local dealer is that if anything is wrong, I can always go back to him. Could anyone please help me or enlighten me on this situation?

It's a typical bait & switch scam..I'd stay away...

Check this out for ratings on the store.

What's a bait and switch scam?

Thank you so much for this info. I would have bought from them if it wasnt for that site. All it was getting was negative feedback. Once again Thanks a lot JDS and Ls3d for that metaphor lol

It is when you tell you buddy that his blind date is totally hot just so you can go out with her friend! :lmao:

-Shea

:hail: Best reply to that question I've ever heard.

We used to have a sticky post about this type of thing.
Long story -> short....
If it looks too good to be true...it probably is.

I would suggest using the links at the top of the page. B&H and Adorama in particular are two good places to order camera equipment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back