Is this the only way?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was trying to upload a photo to my JPG account (featured in my signature), and youre only allowed photos 10MB and under. This one happens to be 11.7MB. Is there any other way to get the file size down without reducing the size (2848x4288 pixels)?

Thanks.
Mark

You can reduce the file size of a JPEG image by reducing the size or resolution...or increasing the compression (lowering the quality).

If I increase the compression, will that make the photo look worse? Sounds as if it would..

Mark

Nevermind, im just going to make a copy that is smaller resolution and delete it once its on the site. Thanks.

Mark

If I increase the compression, will that make the photo look worse? Sounds as if it would..
Yes, it does. But there is a balance between more compression and image quality. You can save a lot of file space by knocking the quality down a few notches and you probably wouldn't notice the quality difference.

I took it down to 98% and took the resolution down to 2200 (x whatever the relative height is for this..I only set one.) and it went down to 9.87MB, so im good. Thanks!

Mark

Most reactions

Back