Is this too big for a walk around lens?

Is this too big for a walk around lens?

• Yes, this is good for a walk around lens.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No, I think its a bit to heavy.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Walk around lens? I would put that thing in my pocket.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I think it would make a good boat anchor.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Neil S.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm on the fence about getting this lens.

I want something with "more reach", but not at the cost of weight or portability.

Just wanted to see if you guys think it would be too big for a walk around lens.

Sigma 200-500mm f/2.8 EX DG APO IF Autofocus Lens 597101 - B&H
551435.jpg

Its a joke guy.

I would agree that maybe I put this in the wrong section.

If you look up my posts, you will see that I am usually very much on topic and serious.

Good pic by the way, thats one hardcore photographer there lol. :thumbup:

Actually, this lens and the Juza photo had been popped up in this forum ..... I lost count ... :D

Don't think I understand....

Do you mean other people joked about this lens, or are you talking about serious threads about it?

More jokes of course ;) very very few can afford a lens like this ;)

And the handheld pic of Juza is semi legenary - have a look at the amazon page for this lens on the USamazon site.

In the end it is the only f2.8 500mm lens on the market

LOL Not sure. I guess it would depend on what your comfortable carrying. I know this, with the kind of attention it will get, it's not going to be to big to be a walk away lens if you know what I mean. Buy lots of insurance for it and you.

Its a joke guy.

If you look up my posts, you will see that I am usually very much on topic and serious.

Yeah, perhaps the troll link was a bit much...seemed appropriately snarky at the time.

I remember someone else (Derrel, perhaps?) posting that pic recently in another thread. Anyway, that thing weighs 34.6 lbs (almost 16 kg) and costs US$28k. I'd rather buy a good car (new).

And the handheld pic of Juza is semi legenary - have a look at the amazon page for this lens on the USamazon site.

Ya it would seem that most people would also need to buy a new tripod that could take the weight of this beast.

I hear that the Canon 1200mm came with its own tripod. For what it costs, I would expect them to include one!

I guess I would like to have one lol. Its just so far from practical, and I don't exactly have 30 grand burning a hole in my pocket.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

of course :)

Since OP mention that lens, this thread cannot be completed without mentioning ...

The Canon 5200mm lens .... :lmao:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRq18WpQZC0[/ame]

Its a joke guy.

Yeah, perhaps the troll link was a bit much...seemed appropriately snarky at the time.

I remember someone else (Derrel, perhaps?) posting that pic recently in another thread. Anyway, that thing weighs 34.6 lbs (almost 16 kg) and costs US$28k. I'd rather buy a good car (new).

Thats a huge &!%@#

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

of course :)

Since OP mention that lens, this thread cannot be completed without mentioning ...

The Canon 5200mm lens .... :lmao:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRq18WpQZC0[/ame]

OMG LOL!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??

HAHAHAHA!!

See this thread actually tought me something.

Trolling??

As if.

You can be a peeping tom with that thing from like 5 miles away lol.

LOL Not sure. I guess it would depend on what your comfortable carrying. I know this, with the kind of attention it will get, it's not going to be to big to be a walk away lens if you know what I mean. Buy lots of insurance for it and you.

If you were strong enough to wield it, it would make a brutal melee weapon to ward off theives though lol. :mrgreen:

point it to the sun, youll lose your eye and half of your face.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back