is this what I need?

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
this is so you can walk around shooting with a portable, flash powered softbox, your existing off camera flash fits into this box and it attaches to your camera.

This might be a good idea since you could take it with you in a hurry too..
You might end up standing pretty close to your subjects depending on the power of your flash, also, youll be shooting almost full power many times, so expect to change batteries every 20 minutes if its a wedding, or rent a battery powerpack if your flash can use it.

for the price it looks cool, dont know about the quality or anything..

oh! thanks see I'm glad I asked cause that is kinda what I wanted but I didn't realize you would have to already have an off camera flash... DUH! I need to start with that I suppose! haha. Thanks again!

What THORHAMMER said was correct. It's only the softbox kit, so it only includes the softbox and the light stand. You'd have to provide a light source yourself.

If you were taking portraiture-type shots, I'd recommend buying two 400-watt strobes, a wireless radio slave trigger, and a handheld light metre. This setup is quite easy to use. The 400-watt strobes will suffice (power-wise) in most situations. These can be bought for $300CAD. The wireless trigger and light metre will cost you a bit more. You would need the light metre regardless of which setup you were going for (the one I recommended or the one you initially had in mind).

And, yes, the sync cord is what you would need to attach to a hotshoe flash to your camera, IF it doesn't encorporate a wireless system already.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back