Is this worth $200?

I will have to agree with most here, that lens is not worth that much money due to many factors. I do however like the mirror lenses when you can get them cheap enough. I bought one of the 500mm mirrors as a toy, and have had a blast with it. I bought it cheap, bought it as just a toy, and with the fun I have had it was a pretty good investment :p

Allan

To give an idea the base lens is 650mm long with an f stop of f8 - and that is fixed, so you can neither open it up wider nor stop it down further should you so desire. That makes it a slow lens at 650mm long.
It gets to the 1300mm by adding a 2*Teleconverter which doubles its focal length, takes away 2 stops of light (so now f16) and significantly reduces image quality.

The base lens itself is little more than a long distance landscape lens at f8 and its overall optical quality is very poor. The 2*TC is almost a total waste as it will really soften the overall image and at f16 your going to need some seriously bright lighting or have long exposures.
Glad to see an informed answer...answer's such as "no", or "I'd...break it" are worthless to people who come here to find answer's from experienced people...I assume the rest either don't really know, or don't feel the obligation to answer a question, but will post an answer just to bump their post count/ reputation, although they offer nothing to the knowledge base of this forum, or help the person with a legitimate question. And I hope I shamed those stupid answers such as "use as table leg's" and the rest, to hold their tongues if they have nothing to offer. Aside from jokes, etc...humor...these type of answers should take away credibility of the poser...er...I mean poster..

I'd rather see a well intentioned, misguided or wrong answer than something as stupid as some of these answers...

J.:er:

WOW you have not been on many forums have you. The person asked worth $200 ? and they said NO get over yourself dude the question asked was answered.:mrgreen:

"get over it dude" "how many forums have you..."

What? are you 12? this is a mature forum, although we and should have tolernce for humor, and wise cracks...you don't fit either...you were no help to the OP, with your "9" posts....to answer your question, yes many forums...If you answered in the Harley forum's, like you did here, someone might pull your pants down and give you a spanking....:lol: Oh, an where did your question for "warez" go...it should have been in your teenybober answer.....

J.:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back