Is Windows 8.1 still the enemy?

As a sidenote,people also were complaining about the laptop design of the one I bought.
The keyboard is too small,the number pad is too small(whatever that means),the "trackpad" is too big and moves like there's "two fingers" on it(no ideawhat that means either),and the front edge is too sharp and hurts the forearm.
I am obviously no computer/techno geek as none of these "problems" have affected me.
I'm still amazed at the technology I have at my fingertips.
Incredible.

Last edited:
A lot of people use a computer not by understanding the interface but my memorizing its positions and icons to an extent.

So what happens if a program changes the icon - or if the menu appears differently is that htey get REALLY confused very fast. They've no idea suddenly how to find anything on the computer and they basically have to re-learn how to use it because they only part learned it before.

IT's these people who get hit the worst by interface changes because whilst those more experienced of us whine and groan we can normally adapt pretty easily once we find things. The other group doesn't even know where to look like alone what's going on .

I guess ignorance is truly bliss Overread.
I'm not educated enough to be confused by any of this,and I like it that way.
To me,it's all the same stuff and it works like pure magic.

Most reactions

Back