Isle of Skye

Fingers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_42412.JPG

wow stunning colours......very beautiful.....what kind of equipment did you use?

How did this only get two replies? It's beautiful! :thumbup:

What a stunning view...such vibrant colours in the sky, and those dark dark clouds. Beautiful

Now if that horizon line were straight... the colours are incredible, as is the depth showing in this photo and the colours - totally amazing. What a beautiful sight!

Thanks for the reactions and input re this.

Whist rotating the scene to what would ordinarily look right given a sea horizon, the scene though exaggerated looks like this.

IMG_4241222.jpg

So tilting it to this only makes it wildly out.

IMG_42412222.jpg

Because there is no clear visible reference in the middle distance of what is plumb vertical at this size of resolution it does look like it should be tilted. When I blow it up to full size for the wall I will use all the buildings and other vertical references to square it up, and believe it or not it needs to go 0.2 anti clock of my org picture posted. Once the photo is big enough to see these distant references I hope (fingers crossed) it will not look off squ.

Awesome shot! great colors and comp

Fingers, I think that some of the perception of tilted horizon is that it is curved rather than just tilted. I believe this may be due to a very wide angle lens to get the foreground so nice, with the horizon so distant.

In the full versions of photoshop (no idea about Elements), one could use the Transform, holding command key (control on a pc) while clicking on a corner handle, to drag and distort the perspective. This technique is often used to correct verticals when shooting architecture with a wide angle lens.

Personally, I don't feel your horizon needs 'correcting,' but if photoshop is available to you, and you have the 'inclination' :)lol:), you could try that perspective transform.

as said many times, the colors are stunning. I love how the sky seems to continue in the reflection from the water. The clouds and foreground are so menacing, but are broken up extremely well with the sunrise(?). The glimpses of yellow and orange present in the rocks and being caught by some of the clouds really bring the image together. Great shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back