ISO 16,000, f:/5.6, 1/1000th

I saw your photos were okay to edit. So heres what I mentioned. I posted your original and my edit. See below for my adjustments. Nothing serious as I wasn't trying to alter your image. Just showing what I mentioned would do for it.

Your original post:

Noise example-1 by Eric Ingerson, on Flickr

My edit:

Noise example-1-2 by Eric Ingerson, on Flickr

I upped, the shadows, Dropped some highlights, upped the exposure barely, then dropped the blacks drastically.

Eric, I went there at first but felt like it made the dancers look to static, though honestly, I am not sure either, or a blend of both would allow the flow given the "mist" and theatrical lighting...but I do like what you've done. I probably should have done a second run through the ACR editor and found a happy medium. Thanks for the edit.

Eric, I went there at first but felt like it made the dancers look to static, though honestly, I am not sure either, or a blend of both would allow the flow given the "mist" and theatrical lighting...but I do like what you've done. I probably should have done a second run through the ACR editor and found a happy medium. Thanks for the edit.

Thats all good too. You're photos came out great. I think at this point we're talking about our personal preference. LOL. I hope to see more of your work.

Take care and regards.

Live dance shows are the bane of my life. I used to do a lot but now I've decided to "retire" from that area.

You done good, especially with dry ice in the equation ... and your equipment obviously helped. :D

Noise is for the nit picky pixel peepers
I think it's case by case. Too much digital noise can definitely change the overall aesthetic of a photo and take it in a different direction from what the photographer is intending, which to me is still very important to consider.

Last edited:
I think they look great and I especially love the B&W versions!!!

Most reactions

Back