ISO settings on D610

jbylake

Dodging the Men in Black
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There is a similar but different question going on in another thread, but as not to "hijack" it, I'm posting mine here because it's specific to a Nikon.

The setting menu, you can set the ISO to Auto (on or off), and ISO limit up to 6000. It offers to let you limit the from 100 t0 6000, but when I try to limit it to 1600, I get an error message that says that this setting cannot be used in camera's current state (or something very similar).

I thought that for outdoor night shots, I would limit it to 1600. My reason is simple, coming from a film background, I really don't know any better. I'm told that my camera will automatically go to the highest ISO setting, at night, if I leave the ISO setting on Auto.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

J.

Are you trying to limit in full auto mode?

Yes. I didn't notice that I had turned the dial back to Auto. Now I feel like a dumba$$ for asking. Thanks Jaomul.

J.

Yes. I didn't notice that I had turned the dial back to Auto. Now I feel like a dumba$$ for asking. Thanks Jaomul.

J.

It's an easy thing to do, especially when your trying to figure things out. It's often said that there is no dumb questions only dumb answers ;)

Yes it is. The hardest thing about switching from film, directly to digital, in my opinion, is learning the camera, and necessary software, e.g. LightRoom. I truly think that a beginner, without any previous experience, would have a less steep leaning curve.

Thanks,
Jim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back