Isolated Brazilian tribe

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
It's quite amazing to see that there are still so many 'pockets' of human civilisation which have existed in total isolation from the rest of us (or us them) since the beginning.

Hard to grasp how much seeing a plane must have freaked them out. God knows what they thought it was.

CLICK

(sorry to disappoint anyone who thought this was a thread about bikini lines)

I remember this story from a while ago. Was good to see some more info on the site you linked. They must have been scared pretty bad... most of the tribe ran off somewhere and the 'warriors' painted themselves and shot arrows at the plane on a later pass.

I can only imagine, like if a giant UFO suddenly appeared in our skies. they must have thought that the world was ending. (and I suppose in some ways, their world is)

wait, didn't this turn out to be a hoax?

izzatso? Hmmm (googlegoogle on the wall, let me search you blahblah all)

From what my quick scanning can compute: It wasnt a hoax but a misunderstanding. Apparently the tribes existance was known (thus not a "newly discovered tribe"), but had never been contacted. Thats where th econfusion seemed to come from.

So while they may have seen a plane before, they have no idea what it is. Could be the big metal monkey that keeps jumping over their village.

(again, this is quick perusal)

oh right, sources:

msnbc.com
foxnews.com

yes, looks like this particular tribe had been known about since 1910.

According to this link, He (the photographer) looked up the coordinates on google earth and found a clearing in the forest that he believed must be them, so flew there in his plane and took the shots.

yes, looks like this particular tribe had been known about since 1910.

According to this link, He (the photographer) looked up the coordinates on google earth and found a clearing in the forest that he believed must be them, so flew there in his plane and took the shots.

Absolutely. "Hoax" is such a loaded word. It makes it seem like they got some actors together and staged the entire thing, which clearly didn't happen. It took me about 5 seconds on google to figure that out.

Absolutely. "Hoax" is such a loaded word. It makes it seem like they got some actors together and staged the entire thing, which clearly didn't happen. It took me about 5 seconds on google to figure that out.

I hear you, but a hoax doesn't have to be that elaborate. And I linked to a similar story (within it the link to JohnMF's story).
But now they're turning to a different technique: click.

pascal

lets hope this technique helps protect their survival

Most reactions

New Topics

Back