ISPs That Provide Good Upload Speeds, Not Just Download?

Hof8231

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all. I'm currently a Comcast xfinity customer, more out of habit than enjoying their offerings. To be honest, the internet I got out in college in the middle of nowhere, Western Pennsylvania was better than what I have now in an urban area...which is just weird to me. I didn't have Comcast out there, so it got me thinking about changing from them here.

My internet speeds are ~90mbps download, ~12ms ping, but only 5.5mbps upload. That's just unacceptable to me. The download speeds are great for basic things like gaming and general computer use, but as a photographer, the upload speeds are killing me.

I looked up Google Fiber and it's not in my area now, nor any time in the future. Verizon FIOS is available, as well as some others. Comcast has been relatively reliable for me, so I have to give them that, but I'm just looking for better upload speeds. I've done a good amount of research, but every company says they're 'the best' obviously. Anybody have any advice on what internet providers to look at for residential that don't cap upload speeds ridiculously low?

Thanks in advance for any help, and if this isn't the right section, please move or remove.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back