Issues with Adorama?

g-fi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am not sure if this is typical of Adorama or what, but I made my first purchase from them last week. Well, I tried to at least! I placed an order late Thursday evening after work, expecting it to be processed and shipped no later than yesterday (Monday). I've never had any sort of experience with an online retailer in which it took more than two days to process an order. So we're now on Tuesday and after several e-mails to Customer Service, I finally got one back saying that my order was still in Verification? I suppose Verification is their credit card anti-fraud department? Anyway, after an e-mail to Verification (which has gone unanswered), I'm ready to call and complain. I paid extra for 2-4 business day shipping in order for the equipment I ordered to arrive by Friday for a shoot this weekend. I'm kinda ticked.

Is this a common Adorama experience? I certainly won't buy with them anymore if it routinely takes a week, or more, and constant hassling to even find out what is going on with your order, let alone receive it. I checked online reviews and most people seem to not have issues with buying from them... I can't imagine what triggered my order going to Verification in the first place, it wasn't for some outrageous amount (under $1k), my billing and shipping address are the same, etc. I've never had any issues purchasing things before...

I'm really disappointed. I spent a LOT of time researching what I wanted to get and settled with Adorama because they had everything I wanted in stock and the shipping was reasonable.

Has anyone else had this issue with Adorama?

I've never had a problem with Adorama, ever.

Instead of e-mail why don't you call?

I haven't been able to until just now because of work, but I am calling this afternoon before their Verification department closes to try and track down what in the world is going on. It seems kinda ridiculous to me that an outfit that is as big as Adorama can't even handle answering their e-mails. I don't care about calling, though I suppose I'm lucky that I get done early enough to catch them before they close, but it doesn't inspire much confidence in me that I have to be the one to hassle them into finding out why my order hasn't been processed yet. I don't think I'm being unreasonable, 2-3 business days (depending on whether you count Saturday as a business day, which I didn't) is more than enough time to process an order or ask for additional verification if there was a problem with my credit card.

In my experiences, they've been a little slow with e-mail. Calling is definitely faster.

Called and spoke with CS rep and they said that their orders had been backlogged because of the snow and that my order was packed and shipped today, and would arrive on Thursday. I hadn't even had a chance to give them my order information or name, but they knew who I was, so either +1 for Caller ID or they were expecting my irate phone call! I haven't received a shipping notification yet, but I'm assuming it will arrive after the end of business. I was expecting more of the runaround so I'm pleasantly surprised and will be even more pleasantly surprised if everything arrives before the weekend! Now, if they can just get their e-mail process to yield the same results that calling does, I will be a customer for life.

(I have to add, I've used their printing service before and had no complaints at all with it. I would print with them again without hesitation.)

Adorama is probably the best place to buy photo equipment. I always get my stuff super quick sometimes faster than the estimated time. They are awesome there. Give them a call or you can contact Helen here on the forum. Never dealt with any type of verification issue ever. I think that calling them is better even if there email was super quick. Speaking to a person is a lot easier and can be more helpful and you talk to someone as soon as you call.

I have purchased from Adorama a lot also, in fact I just received an order yesterday and have one on the way, and I have never had an issue at all.
I have to say they are one of the best online vendors. Glad to hear your problem was handled well. Very reassuring.

I haven't been able to until just now because of work, but I am calling this afternoon before their Verification department closes to try and track down what in the world is going on. It seems kinda ridiculous to me that an outfit that is as big as Adorama can't even handle answering their e-mails. I don't care about calling, though I suppose I'm lucky that I get done early enough to catch them before they close, but it doesn't inspire much confidence in me that I have to be the one to hassle them into finding out why my order hasn't been processed yet. I don't think I'm being unreasonable, 2-3 business days (depending on whether you count Saturday as a business day, which I didn't) is more than enough time to process an order or ask for additional verification if there was a problem with my credit card.

Glad it was sorted out, but if it hadn't been then I would certainly have dealt with this for you.
BTW the UPS service that we use doesn't count Saturday or Sunday as business days, so don't pick up or drop off on Saturday (it's what they term a 'special' service, and very expensive (and we are closed Saturdays!).

Most reactions

Back