Not open for further replies.

perryfletcher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheapvacationsforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been working for over a year trying to do the animated look of Robert Alvarado. I have done everything from smudging, dodging, burning,, curve adjustments, levels, ect. I do not think there is much I have not tried. Yesterday I looked at the picture I have posted below and started to reverse engineer it. I came to this conclusion. It really can not be as hard as I am making it. I think he is using some type of add on to photoshop or using a difrent program all together. He produces images fast, which leaves me to believe that everyone else and myself are over complicating it. Does anyone have any idea how this type of image is done? I am starting to loos sleep trying to figure it out.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/Robert_Alvarado/temp_hs_A_p.jpg

This shot is done more with lighting and makeup than post processing. I'm sure he enhanced he eyes and smoothed the skin a bit in post but I bet the unprocessed image looks prety close to this one. Photoshop, although fantastic is no match for solid lighting, good skin, and great make up.

I would say, just as D-50, lighting + lots of make-up. And then some overprocessing in photoshop.

actually, on looking at that image again, the blonde girl has her make-up done rather poorly on her forehead, right where her hair starts. There you can judge how much make-up was really used!

The only problem I have with the make up is the fact in Robert's other pictures the legs, arms, hands all look animated like the face.

Make-up is usually also applied to other parts of the body than the face.

Not sure though if Robert does it that way as well.

.. or some secret set of automated photoshop actions ;)

on those pictures you can certainly see some heavy processing has been done to achieve that airbrush like effect.

Have you tried messenging him?

Ok... As you can see I'm currently shooting Pin-Up. I have developed a style that I am happy with at last and if you are interested in shooting this style of Pin-Up, please feel free to message me. I really enjoy the art of Pin-Up, it's been a passion of mine since I first started photography.

there is a forum attached to that site so chances are you can register and then send him a pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back