It doesnt seem real.

It's a rough go. I had a good friend kill herself a few years ago. One always goes though the "If I had only...". Just give it time.

I'm so sorry, Graig. I had a fraternity brother commit suicide during Christmas break one year. We came back to school and Tuffy was gone.

I really feel for ya, man. Hang in there.

drlynn said:
Hang in there.
I'm sure hang is the last thing he wants to hear....

sorry couldn't pass up the wonderful pun. :D just trying to lighten things up.

voodoocat said:
drlynn said:
Hang in there.
I'm sure hang is the last thing he wants to hear....

sorry couldn't pass up the wonderful pun. :D just trying to lighten things up.

Just for a second, until I read that last part, I really felt about 1 inch tall!

You just took a year off my life, Voo!

Sorry for your loss, graig. It's a tough situation to go through. We are all here if you need to vent your frustrations more.

Graig ,
Sorry for your loss ..... :(
Death is always hard to deal with and even more so when it was bought about by the person themselves. A million questions and 'what if's' cloud your heart and mind ....you're left with trying to find an iota of sense out of the utterly senseless...
Know that you were there as best as you could be , given the situation , and try not to kick yourself that you never knew these thoughts were in your friends mind...how could you know ?
My dads best friend killed himself 20 years ago and my mums good friend took her own life 4 years ago. It seems a few people in the forum can relate to this in some way or another , so you have ppl you can talk to here if ya need.
Yes, it is the last ultimate selfish act a person can do.....yet these are people who are so lost in their own black pit they cant see past the walls surrounding them , let alone anything/anyone else.
Thoughts are with ya Graig.

Graig, I am so terribly sorry for your loss, darlin.
Whatever you are feeling, you feel it.
Feeling anger after any death is VERY normal, let alone a suicide.
I know that nothing I can say will make you feel better, but I offer you this...
When my dad passed away, I had so many emotions going on I didnt know what to do with them and at times I felt what I was feeling was wrong.
But NOBODY can tell you what you should or shouldn't feel.
If you want to scream at him for doing this, then go stand on a hill and scream at him. Write him a letter and tell him he's an idiot.. Do whatever it takes you to get whatever you're feeling out.
When I lost Dad, I cried for a long time, I became withdrawn and depressed. My sister didnt speak about it and acted like nothing had changed and my brother punched a hole in ourt bathroom wall. Everyone reacts in their way. Just do what you need to do and dont feel guilty for feeling anything that you do.

I wish you all the love in the world sweetie and I hope you surround yourself with friends and loved ones right now. Lean on them, thats what they are there for,

You ever feel like ranting to someone removed from the situation, dont hesitate to email me, PM or send me a message on msn. Even if u just want someone to listen.

*Huge hugs Graig*

Guys, there is a time and place for jokes.

Thanks you guys, I appreciate it. Even the jokes. :wink:

I stoped by their house and all of Robs friends were over there. When I walked up the drive way there was a large blood stain on the drive way with a vase of flowers in the middle.

His dad, who found him dead, was just in a daze. He didnt move or say anything when I was there. Everyone is really confused. Some of them had just been with him earlier that night and are always with him, they said that he never seemed depressed or down about anything. No one could think of any reason why he would do this. Makes me wonder if he was into something that he never told anyone. Im scared to think of what information might come from this.

dont worry about me though, Ill be fine. Pray for the family.

God thats horrible.
The strangest thing happened tonight.
When I was writing that post in reply to you earlier, the phone rang. It was one of my best friends telling me that her mother attempted suicide last night.

Makes me wonder if he was into something that he never told anyone. Im scared to think of what information might come from this.

You're probably on the right track with that thought. How well can we ever know anyone, really? Even those we think we know. Granted, this kind of thing is an extreme example.

I'm glad you're doing okay. :hug:

Most reactions

Back