It Finally Happened!

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After months of negotiations we finalized a purchase. We now own a Coffee Shop which doubles as an art gallery (photography and paintings) and occasional musical events. We will be offering free WiFi and will try to be competitive in the coffee drinks market. I know it's a hard one with the *$s being a tremendous competitor but we hope to succeed in our quest.

So, tonite we're going to celebrate... And that ain't going to be with coffee. :lol:

congrats from me as well!

would come over if it was not that far ;)

Cheers mate!

CONGRATS!!! I wisht the best fortune on your new adventure.

There's a camera shop in my home town thats been around since the 20s... Sadly they recently closed the doors after decades of operation. I heard the current owners were tryin to sell the camera shop but had not takers after several years.

One day, I was day dreaming of taking the shop and turning into a cafe. I imagined display cases lining the walls full of old and new equipment for sale with photos from locals being displayed in between each case. A place to hang out.. perhaps a meeting place for a local photography club... I imagined a themed cafe based on the history and beauty of photography.... visual arts..

I'm going to miss that shop

Thanks all! It will be scary in the beginning but again, as the Chinese proberb goes "He who stands on one leg will never go far", we'll have to take a chance. Better that than be sorry later, right?

usayit, that's a neat idea! I might even bring some of my cameras on display one day there. Come visit, you'll have a free drink. ;)

I'll hold yah to that free drink....!!

Hey.. just another reason to keep your photographic historia/camera collection growing.. just say its a business expense. hehehehe

btw... My several visits to a wonderful Leica camera shop in NYC also influenced my daydream a bit (and the Leica NYC Gallery). I have always liked the ambiance of that shop and thought it would translate well to a cafe of sorts... See for yourself (Quicktime VR)

http://www.tamarkin.com/catalog/qtvr/tamar_qt2.html

ooOOooo.. a Harley rider, photographer, camera historian, musician, and cafe owner... definitely ~not~ an idle person are yah. :)

Congratulations...sound like the type of place I'd happily make a part of my daily routine, if you lived anywhere near me

usayit, I'll hold my part of the deal anytime! You come to Phoenix and you'll get your free drinks. ;)

BTW, good suggestion about the camera collection! :lol:

GoM and Anti, thanks! I can hardly wait now... The wife will be the new barista but I'll have to learn the tricks of the trade as well. I'll probably make the sandwiches. :)

oh wow, great stuff :D
I guess i know where the next international meet-up is going to take place (after the german one offcourse)
Anyways, congrats :thumbup: :)

great! congratulations! so where's the party exactly? :)

That's wonderful! Congrats and good luck with your new venture :)

That's awesome, congrats!

I sure wish there was a place around here just like that. I'm betting that you'll do quite well.

Most reactions

Back