It has been a while, but I am back.

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wow, it says my last log-on was during the middle of November. I'm glad to be back. Here are a few pictures I have taken since then. C&C is welcome as always.

GuitarPlayer.jpg

keeperoftheplains.jpg

kickme.jpg

wichitacolor-1.jpg

wichitabw.jpg

Last edited:
In the first three photos it seems like you've added background blur in photoshop - is this the case? The reason I think this is that the blur is linear in the background, eg. #1 the immediate background has the same level of blur as the distant background, which looks a bit unnatural.

Can the trademark be moved? Very annoying.

I think the blur looks fine myself. I can't see going around all those twigs to fake it.
On that note, what was your thought behind throwing such a powerful image (statue) out of focus, and making us look at leaves and twigs?

I can't even look at number one because the copyright symbol on his eye.

On #5 you should employ some selective focus with the selective color.

I am a newby so pls take my comments with a grain of salt. I find the watermark very distracting, especially in 1. Maybe it would be better placed in the corner?

3. My favorite. I find the subject interesting and think the DOF works well to give the girl hese staring at a dreamy aspect.

4. Nice but a bit plain, could be cool in B&W?

5. Good idea but the rose looks a bit blurred.

Overall good work!

No background blur was added. These were all taken with the 18-105 lens. And yes the copyright can be removed but I am not going to remove it. I have already had some people download my pictures from my facebook page. This is my deterrent. And I don't understand why the rose appears soft because it is in focus on the original picture.

Last edited:
Oh, well, the watermark on #3 needs to be made much larger then, because what you have is so easily removed.

I would say someone with enough patience and knowledge can remove any of the watermarks from the above pictures...
I would think (humbly) that if you are very worried about your pictures be taken and used by others, maybe you just shouldn't post them on public forums. Or maybe you can at least edit your profile to say that "My photos are NOT OK to edit". This would at least tell others that you are picky about your pictures... Just a comment though please don't take it personally...
I for example always post cropped or lower resolution images on public forums. As long as I have the originals, I feel good...

So what would everyone recommend that I do that way it doesn't happen again?

Thanks for everyone's helpful comments. I thought I was glad to be back but I guess I was wrong. I am sorry that my pictures are not perfect like everyone else on here.

I asked you a legit question, and never got an answer.
So much for discussion, eh?

The rose IS out of focus. Whaddya wanna hear?
The watermark IS anoying. What did you expect to hear?

Thanks for everyone's helpful comments. I thought I was glad to be back but I guess I was wrong. I am sorry that my pictures are not perfect like everyone else on here.

You did say that C&C is welcome which implies that you want advice on how to improve your photos or are looking for comments on the photos (whether that be positive or negative.) I wouldn't be "sorry for taking pictures that are not perfect like everyone else on here." (I am assuming you are being sarcastic :er:.)

BTW: I would post my C&C but it doesn't seem like you are looking for that at this point.

I'm sorry I overlooked your question. I did snap a shot of the statue in focus with the twigs OOF but to me it does not look good at all. Here is the pic straight out of the camera. And no "C" for all of you "C" haters :lmao: I actually did not know the watermark was so annoying. I will see if there is something I can do to change it.

PictureorVideo113-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back