it says post some for review... so here it is

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by rwarren92, Apr 25, 2010.

1. rwarren92

rwarren92 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi i'm 17 I've only been taking pictures since augest of 2009, and I have never taken a class. I took thousands and thousands of pictures, and spent hours in photoshop while watching youtube videos to learn but I need some critique guys give me whatcha got.

Thanks its cool to meet a place where people are so passionate about what they do.

A friend of a friend friend he won the tt nation championship, taken at a private track
    [​IMG]

My friend Harris hes not actually sponsored by fox
    [​IMG]

we were taking a trip to memphis so I got board and started taking pics while riding in the back...
    [​IMG]

once we got to memphis to watch the pirates...
    [​IMG]

messing around with my 50mm 1.8 once i got it my gf's bro
    [​IMG]

Thanks Guys, and eastcarolinashots.com is my site

2. er111a

er111a TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    there pretty cool except for the kid

3. rwarren92

rwarren92 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    haha thanks i thought i'd throw it in since its like the only portrait I've ever taken. thanks though man

4. rwarren92

rwarren92 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    another from atv shoot atv I photoshoped riding in a a school bus back from a field trip
    [​IMG]

took this at home ECU game
    [​IMG]

commercial work took this friday for local ad company
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  5. rwarren92

rwarren92 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    let me get some critique guys

6. Geaux

Geaux No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Waiting only a half hour from the first post to bump it is kinda insane lol.

It takes time to get some critique on here, especially if you only have 4 posts. I have 100 and I struggle to get critique on my threads.

OT, I like the photoshop work and the shots are composed nicely. Your last shot though is my least favorite, the angle is too extreme imo. #3 and 4 are overdone with the photoshop work and it looks like someone just adding filters on a not-so-special shot.

The ATV shots, along with their PS work, I like a lot. Especially the first one.

7. white

white TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I get the impression from some of these people that they're only here to plug their website and get a pat on the back. So I don't bother until I see them taking an interest in other people's work.

8. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    It's Sunday night rwarren92. There aren't that many people looking at the forums.

Have you spent any time on your own learning some of the guidelines for composition or use of light and color in photographs, since August of last year?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Photographers-Eye-Composition-Design-Digital/dp/0240809343/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272255363&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos (9780240809342): Michael Freeman: Books[/ame]

IMO, the best image you've posted is the portrait even though the white balance is off and the it hasn't been color corrected. His expression and big eyes make a great shot.

Selective coloring works for some images, but not many.

To tell the truth, I'm not quite sure where to start for critique and I imagine that's why no one else has jumped in to try either.

My general feeling is that you're relying to heavily on the Photoshop, instead of the photography.

It's like you're much more interested in the graphic arts than you are in photography.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  9. kelli_anne

kelli_anne TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I could not agree more with KmH

10. pbrr1der

pbrr1der TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I would critique if I knew what on earth I was talkin about! lol! I'm new to this and am trying to learn. I like all the pics, especially the four wheeler pics, and the kid is pretty goofy. I don't see anything wrong with excess photoshoping, if thats your thing. I kinda like pics like that personally. I could see some of those pics in a Quad magazine or something.

11. rwarren92

rwarren92 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks guys, yeah I was quick to bump... sorry about that I was just kinda excited about joining and everything.

@Kmh yeah sunday nights probably not that hot. Other than reading all the photo magazines i can find and watching a lot of youtube videos and tutorials no I haven't really looked into use of light and guildelines and etc... now that you've said something i'll take your advice try to find a book about it in the library today.

Thanks again guys

12. rwarren92

rwarren92 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    @geaux - now that you've said something that last shot does look like I need to rotate it more.. way more . Yes 3 and 4 is a bunch of filter forge filters on top of each other and some photoshop bushes so again your on the money with that one too. Thanks again sorry about being a lil' jumpy on the bumps off that bat.