it says post some for review... so here it is

rwarren92

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi i'm 17 I've only been taking pictures since augest of 2009, and I have never taken a class. I took thousands and thousands of pictures, and spent hours in photoshop while watching youtube videos to learn but I need some critique guys give me whatcha got.

Thanks its cool to meet a place where people are so passionate about what they do.

A friend of a friend friend he won the tt nation championship, taken at a private track
23siyi0.jpg

My friend Harris hes not actually sponsored by fox
sct99k.jpg

we were taking a trip to memphis so I got board and started taking pics while riding in the back...
2jdl4r4.jpg

once we got to memphis to watch the pirates...
34hhudx.jpg

messing around with my 50mm 1.8 once i got it my gf's bro
21l3h4j.jpg

Thanks Guys, and eastcarolinashots.com is my site

haha thanks i thought i'd throw it in since its like the only portrait I've ever taken. thanks though man

another from atv shoot atv I photoshoped riding in a a school bus back from a field trip
i3gg7p.jpg

took this at home ECU game
5nnfbt.jpg

commercial work took this friday for local ad company
zv797q.jpg

Last edited:
Waiting only a half hour from the first post to bump it is kinda insane lol.

It takes time to get some critique on here, especially if you only have 4 posts. I have 100 and I struggle to get critique on my threads.

OT, I like the photoshop work and the shots are composed nicely. Your last shot though is my least favorite, the angle is too extreme imo. #3 and 4 are overdone with the photoshop work and it looks like someone just adding filters on a not-so-special shot.

The ATV shots, along with their PS work, I like a lot. Especially the first one.

It takes time to get some critique on here, especially if you only have 4 posts. I have 100 and I struggle to get critique on my threads.
I get the impression from some of these people that they're only here to plug their website and get a pat on the back. So I don't bother until I see them taking an interest in other people's work.

It's Sunday night rwarren92. There aren't that many people looking at the forums.

"....I've only been taking pictures since augest of 2009, and I have never taken a class...."

Have you spent any time on your own learning some of the guidelines for composition or use of light and color in photographs, since August of last year?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Photographers-Eye-Composition-Design-Digital/dp/0240809343/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272255363&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: The Photographer's Eye: Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos (9780240809342): Michael Freeman: Books[/ame]

IMO, the best image you've posted is the portrait even though the white balance is off and the it hasn't been color corrected. His expression and big eyes make a great shot.

Selective coloring works for some images, but not many.

To tell the truth, I'm not quite sure where to start for critique and I imagine that's why no one else has jumped in to try either.

My general feeling is that you're relying to heavily on the Photoshop, instead of the photography.

It's like you're much more interested in the graphic arts than you are in photography.

Last edited:
I would critique if I knew what on earth I was talkin about! lol! I'm new to this and am trying to learn. I like all the pics, especially the four wheeler pics, and the kid is pretty goofy. I don't see anything wrong with excess photoshoping, if thats your thing. I kinda like pics like that personally. I could see some of those pics in a Quad magazine or something.

Thanks guys, yeah I was quick to bump... sorry about that I was just kinda excited about joining and everything.

@Kmh yeah sunday nights probably not that hot. Other than reading all the photo magazines i can find and watching a lot of youtube videos and tutorials no I haven't really looked into use of light and guildelines and etc... now that you've said something i'll take your advice try to find a book about it in the library today.

Thanks again guys

@geaux - now that you've said something that last shot does look like I need to rotate it more.. way more . Yes 3 and 4 is a bunch of filter forge filters on top of each other and some photoshop bushes so again your on the money with that one too. Thanks again sorry about being a lil' jumpy on the bumps off that bat.

I get the impression from some of these people that they're only here to plug their website and get a pat on the back. So I don't bother until I see them taking an interest in other people's work.

@ white - thanks for the advice again sry for being such a noob

"Line/Architecture study" - really like this one it almost set me back a time frame even tho the balcony supports look kinda modern. I like the contrast from the shadows of the balcony's above to the highlights of the lower balcony's and it has nice lines throughout the whole picture.... i have no idea what im talking about so if that didnt make any sense i apologize.

"Film Class" looks like it came straight out of a college pamphlet. I like the bokeh, and what seems like might have been some dirt of something leaving some white specks gives it some character I think

It's a quite crowd up here, I guess people think more and are busier on here.
It's different from the usual 2 second replys on the paintball and atv forums. The change is kind of nice though. I wont have to check back in 15 times tomm like I did today haha

Most reactions

Back