It was 21 degrees this am!!! Few pics for C&C!

oOoERYNoOo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Like the title says it was 21 degrees this morning! Brrrr! That's way too cold for FL! I live down the road from some ferneries so on my way to work i snapped a few pics of all the ice. I'm sure the ppl driving by thought i had to be NUTS out there taking pics and dodging sprinklers. lol For those of you who dont know, the fernery owners run the sprinklers to form a layer of ice on the fern as a protective barrier. I dont quite get it, but it makes for cool pics. :) So here are a couple, feel free to C&C. ps. i haven't dont any pp these are straight from my cam....

1.)
Cold004.jpg

2.)
Cold005.jpg

3.)
Cold006.jpg

My favorite of this set:
4.)
Cold008.jpg

5.)
Cold010.jpg

Wow number 4 & 5 are really neat! 21 degrees....aww poor thing...it's been like 2-9 degrees here at night and only 18 degrees today WITH the sun shining. :lol:
I really need to move south...even if you guys get this only every so often. :sexywink:

I dont think any time i was living in FL did it ever get that cold...but 21 degrees is nice compared to 9. Nice shot, but a little under exposed.

Ya i am all the way in south florida and it just got down to 38 the other night. It's nice though to have some change. Ya my parents said something about doing that to our garden as well if it gets too cold i was like weird.

I like them all. 21* huh? Well for FL that is cold, but you should try getting up to a temp of 5 like Idid thei morning. LOL. I heard on the news last night that the FL strawberry farmers were also encrusting the strawberries in ice to protect them. Like you, I'm not sure I understand how this works, but hey - if it works, it works.

Thanks for all the comments! Yeah 21 seems pretty warm compared to single digits, but for me... this is FREEZING! I'm 6th generation born and raised in FL and on top of that I’ve never even seen snow in person! How crazy is that! I wouldn't know how to function in single digit temps- I hope we never, at least in my life time, have an ice age. lol :D I feel for you guys who deal with this kinda of cold weather, well, for like a whole winter. haha Luckily i only have to deal with it a couple times a year. ;)

Come on folks, we're suppose to hit 50 this weekend!!! Hopefully that will reduce my icy driveway down to 3 inch thick and the snow in the yard down to a foot thick! So, have some heart for those poor folks in Florida. We should be use to this single digit and teens temperatures.

:mrgreen:

Those ice pics are pretty good. We get ice storms at least a couple of times each winter, but I never see ice hanging off stuff like that, just coating stuff. Pretty cool.

I really like #2.

We woke up to -33°C yesterday morning & a balmy -15°C this morning.

We drag the cold with us wherever we go, last Feb. in geaserland (Fla) we had to wear our hoodies & this Jan. in Cuba much the same.

on top of that I’ve never even seen snow in person! How crazy is that! I wouldn't know how to function in single digit temps- I hope we never, at least in my life time, have an ice age. lol :D

I have family from Florida and Alabama...they are so funny about the snow as well. I happen to get married on Feb 14, 1986 and it was in the middle of a snow blizzard and all of my family was in town for the wedding. Needless to say, they were all freakin out and had to be driven around b/c they had never been in snow and some had never seen the snow before.

When we have visited in the winter and sometimes it's been around 60 degrees...we are sitting around with shorts on thinking "GREAT WEATHER!" and they are all bunded up cold as can be because its "winter" and thinking we have lost our minds! :lol:

Thanks for all the comments! Yeah 21 seems pretty warm compared to single digits, but for me... this is FREEZING! I'm 6th generation born and raised in FL and on top of that I’ve never even seen snow in person! How crazy is that! I wouldn't know how to function in single digit temps- I hope we never, at least in my life time, have an ice age. lol :D I feel for you guys who deal with this kinda of cold weather, well, for like a whole winter. haha Luckily i only have to deal with it a couple times a year. ;)
tell me about it!! it was 14 here in tallahassee thursday!

i just recently saw snow for my first time this past winter. went to WV and went snow boarding (who would have thought it was that hard!?!?!?!)

Ya i am all the way in south florida and it just got down to 38 the other night. It's nice though to have some change. Ya my parents said something about doing that to our garden as well if it gets too cold i was like weird.

When a frost is predicted, farmers (or gardeners) will spray their plants with water before they frost. This is to keep the actual plant from freezing. Since freezing is a cooling process, the heat given off by the water as it turns to ice is transferred to the plant since they are touching, preventing the plants from freezing and being ruined.

/physics lesson.

Anyway, pretty neat, the sencond and last ones are pretty cool.

Yeah, what robbie vlad said. The fruit/plants inside the ice don't get lower than 32 degrees, even though the air temp may be much lower.

Also, I feel for the floridians. I'm from South La., and I am MISERABLE during the month of February. I can't stand when it gets lower than 55, much less 20 freakin' degrees!! :lol:

Baton Rouge, La. got its first appreciable amount of snow since 1988 earlier this year. The city absolutely shut down.

HOWEVER, you guys up in the Frozen Nawth can keep your beautiful autumns and inspiring "first snows of winter," and we'll keep Hurricane Katrina, Rita, Gustav, etc. etc......

Deal?

Hey Lucky, why do Americans refer to gulf states as deep south when they are still north of the tropic of cancer (mid Mexico) & way north of the equator (Brazil). I think of Argentina as the deep south. :wink:

Hey Lucky, why do Americans refer to gulf states as deep south when they are still north of the tropic of cancer (mid Mexico) & way north of the equator (Brazil). I think of Argentina as the deep south. :wink:

Well, I guess it is my Amero-centric view of the world.

I guess I just assume that the earth begins in Buffalo, Port Huron, Seattle, etc. and ends in Miami, New Orleans, San Diego, Nogales, etc.

When compared to places like Memphis, Tennessee; Shreveport, Louisiana; and Little Rock, Arkansas, I am in the Deep South....

Most reactions

Back