It was a cool fall day...when I spied

motorshooter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some great colors on the trees and took the dogs out for a photo shoot:lol:
324647117.jpg

Savannah and Charleston against a background of Oaks, Maples and Ash.
324647133.jpg

Charleston, eating his way through a stick.
324647123.jpg

Savannah, looking at a bird...she really wants to chase it, but would rather chew her stick
117982260.jpg

Charleston taking a good long, hard look at the man behind the camera

Enjoy everyone

Last edited:
Beautiful dogs and beautiful pics. I think Charlseton may be the model of the family tho. My favorite is him with the floppy ear :)

Beautiful pet photography on a wonderful day during a very precious season.
Well done! I really like to see that you flopped yourself flat on your belly to take these from the dog's POV (point of view).

I beleive it is not easy to metre Savannah's white coat and get it right. Exposure looks best in the third, the one of Charleston gnawing on the stick. But the last one also looks like a "how-to-shoot-pets"-example photo to me.

It was a good shoot that afternoon. The sun was was going down with just a slight whisp of clouds blocking the light.

I played with the dogs first to to take some energy out of them. I then let them find a few stick and go to the top of the hill in my front yard.

I already had my gear set up a short walk away. Once I reached my gear I layed flat out on a towel and started shooting. I was using a Canon 1D with a 100-400 IS lens. Shutter was at 125 and an F-stop of 3.2 to 6 I used a 550 on ETTL for a fill flash. I like using my long glass since it blurs the background, works great when the fall colors arrive.

Yes; Savannah is a hard dog to meter for color and light. I took three reads, forground, background, and her head, then I took a center weighted read and a spot read. Did the math in my head and started shooting.
Glad you like the images.

Most reactions

Back