It was Bluejay Poser Day

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday they were just a bunch of posers :)

Love the vibrancy of their blue! I've been trying to catch that forever and still trying to get one looking over it's shoulder and in flight to get all of it's glory.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

This guy was pretty close but tucked into the shade, I used onboard flash to get him a little extra.

This guy was far away and put himself into the light for me, wish there was a bit more detail in the white.

I liked peek-a-boo squirrel (on Facebook) with flash better...use of the onboard flash has actually helped I think. I can see some noise/lessening of image quality in the second jay shot, probably due to needing an ISO boost...these conditions are very challenging with f/5.6 holding you to a certain speed/ISO limit. Overall, I think the new 100-400 lens has helped you get a LOT better,closer images than your 18-200 could. ANd you seem to be able to utilize the lens's range pretty well...better I think that many people would with their first long lens. You also shoot a fair amount, and get a lot of practice frames in, almost daily, so that really helps.

Nice Shots PixelRabbit.My Favorite Bird.

Thanks Derrel and DarkShadow :)

Derrel, thanks for your thoughts :) The new lens is definitely helping (not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing lol) I've confirmed that the one huge roosting area that I always shoot is just over 200mm away from pretty much all places I shoot from, I kept swearing that it was just out of reach of my old lens but wasn't positive until I checked the distances in the exif of the new lens, the edge of it is 210mm lol I do shoot a LOT, it's kinda one of my "quirks", when I get into something I REALLY get into it lol I'm just beyond lucky I have the opportunity to do it every day!

I'm used to thinking of them as hulking bullies, but your bluejays look elegant.:thumbup:

ETA: I like the blue.

They may look elegant but the second they open their beaks it all goes out the window lol, there are a couple calls they make that are awesome but the squawking at 6am I can do without lol

They may look elegant but the second they open their beaks it all goes out the window lol, there are a couple calls they make that are awesome but the squawking at 6am I can do without lol

Bwah! Exactly how I'm feeling about my littlest one today!

Haha! Oh how I remember those days!
(my youngest just turned 18 yesterday gosh that makes me feel kinda oldish!)

Naah! Bunnies just start early.

Nice shots! It's a nice day up here in Toronto today!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back