it was there, it was big, so I killed it and then took a picture

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
That wing you see sticking up, that's the normal length of our wasps. God knows where this one came from. Biggest I've ever seen.

Roight, I should actually take some decent pictures rather than spamming the forum with crud (sorry Jon). I plan to take a walk tomorrow morning with the camera. Here's hoping I remember how to press the buttons.

great shot and fitting ground color...looks like you swatted the blood right out of it! these things have blood? oh well....glad you're OK ferny! :mrgreen:

That's a good macro. I bet if you moved that to a setting of your choice(since it's now dead) you could get some really cool shots in, along with this one.

Holy crap! That thing could kill a small child!!!! or at least carry it away into the distance.

Sounds like you're having a lucky week, escaping the motorcycle splat and this mutated wasp attack. I'd go buy a lotto ticket!

it looks like a Japanese wasp, and they are huge, and they do kill people.. about 40 a year in japan.. that is a scary thing, if they have found their way to your town,, where do you live/? i would tell someone about this!

Most reactions

Back