It's A Beautiful World...Playing With My 35 f/1.4

|)\/8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Before telling me it is out of focus, please understand that the shallow DOF is intentional, :D. Shot this afternoon.

IMG_07351_s.jpg

I love the shallow DOF ... been thinking of getting one of those myself. In this image, I think it would be more effective to pick one subject .... keep the bright red flower and crop out the ones in the foreground on the right.

I love the shallow DOF ... been thinking of getting one of those myself. In this image, I think it would be more effective to pick one subject .... keep the bright red flower and crop out the ones in the foreground on the right.

I agree, even though you have one flower in focus, the other ones are still in focus enough to be distracting; this creates a busy picture.

I agree, even though you have one flower in focus, the other ones are still in focus enough to be distracting; this creates a busy picture.

I understand what you are saying and had considered doing a vertical crop but I was not real happy with how it centered the main subject. Here is a vertical crop:

IMG_07351_s_v.jpg

I understand what you are saying and had considered doing a vertical crop but I was not real happy with how it centered the main subject. Here is a vertical crop:

IMG_07351_s_v.jpg

I think this one had to be an in-camera fix. I can see in this composition how it would be tough to get those foreground flowers out of the image. Can you go back or are they no longer blooming?

I think this one had to be an in-camera fix. I can see in this composition how it would be tough to get those foreground flowers out of the image. Can you go back or are they no longer blooming?

The photo was shot the same day I originally posted it, so yes the flowers should still be in bloom. I just have to wait for the great sky again, it has been raining ever since, :x.

Agree, probly not to include ALL the flower heads...
Experiment with cropping options...
You can avoid centering (but you don't have to...)
6:4 and 10:5 here...
$flowers 1.jpg

$flowers 2.jpg

$flowers 3 105.jpg

Nice colour and clarity...
Well done..
Jedo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back