It's a done deal, I am moving

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
and what a pain in the a## that is! I am really horrible at getting organized too do these type of tasks :angry1: It's really tough to decied if something is worth keeping or not
I have been trying to limit my time here to get the job done cause I can spend way to much time on this board. TPF is always good excuse to put off work :mrgreen:

I will be moving very light because it is such a long distance. My furniture (which is in good condition) I was thinking about giving it to the local womens shelter. I have about $10,000.00+ worth of tools, which I will likely not need, but I just cannot part with them :roll: Of course computer, camera gear and some tools (necessities of life) are to be packed in my little Mazda protege with me

My last day of work is the 23rd of September, then I will be moving to Nelson British Columbia Canada to work with my brother. The place I will be moving too will be temporary, maybe 6mths or so till I can get my bearings, finances, and a good handle on my job worked out. I will not get internet till I can find a suitable home, but I hope to have time to take pictures at the very least.

I surely would have loved to go the NYC meet up and meet all you characters, but that is impossible now. :(

Well that bites. We'll go through withdrawals without you here. Good luck with the move. We'll still be here for when you want to unload all of the pictures you take for your cross country journey.

oh no!!!

Well that's why they invented internet cafes isn't it! Hope the move is exciting and interesting! have fun up there!

awww john e. we will for sure miss you....i feel for your deliema..i am the same way, i hate to organize things, i am more of a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants chick...
have a safe move, and take care...

You will be GONE for half a year????!!!!???!!! :shock:
John! NOOOO!

Hasn't your brother got internet somewhere somehow, maybe? And if you say pretty-please, would he not let you?

Moving from your favourite lake side and landscapes?
Does it only sound suddenly to us out here, or is it a sudden decision for you, too?

You'll drop by before you move, won't you?
And find yourself your "favourite internet café" as soon as you arrive in Nelson... they sure must have one, hm?

Happy packing so far.

Thanks Hobbes, I know I will miss this place, but I shall return. At that time I hope to have oooooodles of pictures. :)

Meysha I have never been to an internet cafe, did not even think of it. Not sure if Nelson even has one :scratch: But if they do, I will use it. Can one upload at a cafe?

AprilRaven, after this move I will no longer buy anything I can not fit into my car. Flying by the seat of my pants will become my mantra. Less is more. I can organize a shop with every tool in its place, schedule work and have it done in a timely manner, but house work and moving is just beyond me. Arrrrrrgh it is so frustrating.

LaFoto I have been working out the details for a few weeks now, it was just friday it became absolute. Very excited about it and I thought to share the news. I will still be around for a couple of weeks but the way my packing is going I am starting to wonder.
The scenery around Nelson and British Columbia as a whole is quite spectacular. I will be trading in water shots for mountain pic's.

John, cant wait to see your photos of BC, and your trip out west. good luck with the move. your pics of superiors shores will be missed. :(

all the best, and hurry back to TPF.

Wow, you have a big adventure outlined for yourself! :thumbup: I think it's awesome to pull up stakes and start anew - but yeah, it takes a lot of planning and packing, and unpacking....none of that is the fun stuff. ;)

I wish you the very best. Definitely hunt up a cafe or even a library with internet access so you can pop in and see us! :D It's too hard to think about one of our regulars dropping out of sight for 6 months! :hug:: Good luck!

Thanks Picksure and Terri

Picksure sure will miss the northshore, but not the -30+ weather for long stretches. ;)

Terri it will be quite the adventure, have a steep learning curve to go through but I am looking forward to it. I can't remember the last time I went to a library.

I can sympathise with your difficulty trying to decide what to keep and throw out, but sounds like your ready to embark on a great adventure! Good luck, stay safe, and we'll all be keeping an eye out for you round these here parts.

I'm sure you'd find internet cafes here and there. :)

Good luck with the trip and your future plans! :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back