It's a good thing we started that birth poll...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Alison, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Evelyn decided that she wanted to be born on my parent's 36th wedding anniversary (yesterday) but we were able to get the labor stopped.

Here's the full version of the story for anyone who would likes all those details. The condensed version is: Contractions, dash to the hospital, given the shot from hell, sent home to "rest", told she will likely arrive early.

And the long version is:

At about 7:00 last night I started having contractions that were different than just the normal body getting ready for labor ones that I've had for months. By 8:00 I realized this was no joke and started timing them and they were 2-3 minutes apart, lasting a minute. Upon hearing this news Aubrey declared "Oh man, I need to charge the camera batteries" so he did that and also packed a bag with clothes and things for us. I called the on call Dr who said to waste no time and come right to the hospital. We got there about 9:30 and my contractions stopped, but they said that can be normal due to the adrenaline of coming to the hospital. They ran some tests and hooked my up to a monitor to watch the baby and my contractions. About an hour into the monitoring they came back with the same regularity. I was 2 days shy of the date where they won't stop labor, and so we were faced with some choices. I decided to have the medication that would help ease the contractions and hopefully give her a few more days for her lungs to develop. The Terbutaline that they gave me caused my heart to race and my head to pound and they sent me home to "rest". I'm already having contractions again this morning so we'll see. It was a nice practice trip to the hospital and it was good to know how caring and kind the nurses were.

Aubrey thinks she misheard him because all along he's been saying she'll be born on 12/28 and perhaps she thought he was saying 11/28 ;)

2. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Alison, thanks for keeping us up to date. That had to be kind of a scare at first huh? Nothing wrong with early, as long as the baby is healthy. Regarless, sounds like Evelyn is going to be joining us soon :thumbsup: I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that we're all hoping for the best!

And if 11/28 does happen to be the lucky day, it'll be one that I'll always remember...(as I'll be a year older :er: )

Here's the thread for those who didn't get to see it http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34621

Aside from Joe's gag guess of Nov 15th :lmao: Jeff Canes was closest with Dec 17.

3. photo gal

photo gal TPF Noob!

Planet Carolyn..Cool place....you should visit!
    Well lots of excitement huh and I bet scary as well. Thanks for keeping us informed and you are in my thoughts!! Take care and hang in there! : )

Love that Aubrey thought to charge the batteries!!! : )

4. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

Wow, you're pretty close then! It's all amazing stuff though, keep us all informed - some of us don't have kids and it's all surprising and interesting!

Good luck, or whatever you say... break a leg? What do you say to pregnant women?

Rob

5. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Remember to breath :mrgreen:

6. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the support everyone! Its like a extended aunt/uncle TPF family :)

Rob, I don't know of any pregnan woman who doesn't want to hear "wishng you a quick and easy labor" :)

7. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

Here's wishing you a quick and easy labour!

[​IMG]

8. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey Alison and Aubs, sounds like that daughter of yours REALLY thinks shes ready to come on out :lol: your going to have your hands full with her. Take it easy Alison, and ill be sending ya all good vibes and hopes she stays inside a wee bit longer.

I hope those camera batteries are charged and ready to go.... dont forget the memory cards :lol:

9. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey, Raymond and Daisy are actually to be first in this race! Let Evelyn know that. If she decides to come earlier, she's cheating! Well, wouldn't you think so? Wasn't Evelyn supposed to only arrive in early January? It is still NOVEMBER. N-o-v-e-m-b-e-r. Morse that inside, will you? ;)

But well. With these girls you never know.
    They are a handfull even before they are born.
    They have their own mind about things.
    Ask me.
    I know.... :roll: ;)

10. LizM

LizM TPF Noob!

Glad everything seems to be ok in spite of the early test runs. I'll say a prayer for ya'll!

11. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

12. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What were we just talking about last night??!!?? :shock:

I'm glad she's quieted down for the moment, but I'm thinking she's an impatient little girl and we'll see her very soon! :cheer:

Good to know Aubrey's batteries are now fresh, at least.... :lmao:

:hug:: Take care.