nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was mowing the lawn when I saw these mushrooms just chilling out and so I stopped mowing, ran inside and grabbed my camera and took this shot! You just never know when a photo opportunity is going to happen. I guess we always have to be prepared haha.

Then...well...the mushrooms went bye bye.

Nikon D610 + 70-200 f/4 VR
190mm, f/4.5, 1/200th, ISO 200

Last edited:
Nice image. If it was mine, I might have cropped a bit more off the right side. On second thought, this image might lend itself centred in a square crop - just thinking - that's all. I also think I might have cut out those two blades of grass on the left side.

WesternGuy

Nice image. If it was mine, I might have cropped a bit more off the right side. On second thought, this image might lend itself centred in a square crop - just thinking - that's all. I also think I might have cut out those two blades of grass on the left side.

WesternGuy

Ha, I did that for Instagram.

WesternGuy

I like it better, but I would still cut out the two blades of grass.

WesternGuy

WesternGuy

I like it better, but I would still cut out the two blades of grass.

WesternGuy

I'll try. I'm not the greatest at Photoshop.

Better?

Erwin-170907-15190-Edit.jpg

Much better. FYI, I have a "gardening" kit that I carry around for such close-up and macro shots. It consists of a pair of 4" scissors, a 7" tweezer, an old toothbrush, and 2 makeup brushes - a small one (width) and a wider one. I find these come in handy for cleaning up around a small subject prior to photographing it.

WesternGuy

Much better. FYI, I have a "gardening" kit that I carry around for such close-up and macro shots. It consists of a pair of 4" scissors, a 7" tweezer, an old toothbrush, and 2 makeup brushes - a small one (width) and a wider one. I find these come in handy for cleaning up around a small subject prior to photographing it.

WesternGuy

I'm just someone who likes to shoot things in nature as they were. I very rarely manipulate things to better the photo, but it depends on the situation.

Call lazy, but that's just who I am.

I wouldn't say "lazy" - its just your approach to things. This whole business of "manipulation" is one that folks have been discussing for years and will continue to discuss for years to come. It runs all the way from baiting wildlife to removing a few pieces of grass or some dirt around a flower before photographing it. There is also the aspect of manipulating the image in post-processing. Whether you do it at all (manipulation) or do it pre- or post-processing, does it really matter as long as you end up with a piece of art, i.e., a photograph, that you are happy with? Anyway, let's leave it at that. I don't want to start a long discussion on "manipulation", because it really doesn't lead anywhere.

WesternGuy

Last edited:
I guess for most people, they wouldn't even notice if it was manipulated or not.

I wouldn't say I never done it. I mean I often spray water on plants or grass to get a cool shot.

Like I said, I'm not opposed to it, I just prefer to shoot it as it is and if I can't, then I'll make some adjustments to get the shot I want.

Most reactions

Back