IT'S ALMOST HERE! (Official Countdown thread)

Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
EIGHT DAYS!!!!!!! EIGHT (8)!!!!!!

That's like...nothin!

I'm sooooo looking forward to escaping the bitter cold Illinois winter for a week.

Can't wait to be free of work for a week.

But mostly....I can't wait to see my two favorite guys in the world again. :)

GroupPic3SM.jpg

:D :D :D

And in NINE days......in nine days, the actual meet-up starts!!!! And I get to see LOTS of people again...including our fearless leader. :p WOOOT!

Wait...I leave in 8 days??? WHY HAVEN'T I STARTED PACKING!?

IT'S ONLY ONE WEEK AWAY NOW!!!!!!!

Can you believe that? ONE WEEK AWAY! Before April of this year, I'd never been on a plane, and now I've been on several. Now I've seen Washington DC (twice), Baltimore (3 times), Philadelphia, Houston, Galveston, San Antonio, and Boston!!!!! Now, you can add Houston again, and Dallas for the first time.

...and strangely enough....I kindof have my EX boyfriend to thank for all of this. I wasn't planning on going to DC....I didn't see how I could afford it, as all the money I had was going towards a rather big Christmas and Birthday gift trip I was planning for Erik. I mentioned that the forum was planning a meet-up in Washington DC, and he's the on that planted it in my head that I should go. But I was scared to fly, so he went, too. (I paid, of course).

...and wouldn't you know it? I LOVED FLYING! It was easy! It was fun! I didn't need anyone to go with me!

Ever since then, I've been addicted. I've drained my savings account and will be looking for a temporary third job when I get back from this trip, but that's ok....it's worth it.

I CAN'T WAIT!

:wink: you will survive the waiting I suppose ;) Hope you'll have a great time!

I'm the opposite of you, corina17. I hate flying.

All I know is, the last time I flew was late this summer. It sprinkled in Dallas, so the flight coming in was an hour late to Wyoming. Which was a concern, because I had a connection to make in Dallas to get back home. So anyway, we get there in plenty of time, but there's a traffic jam on the runway. No open terminals, so everybody's waiting for one...an hour later there's finally one open. An hour of sitting on the runway is always nice.

So then, I'm sure I've missed my flight at this point, but I look anyway to make sure it hadn't been delayed or something. Well, it turns out, I didn't miss it because it was cancelled. I'm interested to find out why. Turns it out it's because it sprinkled in Dallas. Nice. So then I have to get on the standby list for the next flight. If I don't make it, then I have to sleep in the airport.

Well, that flight is delayed too, so the wait is even longer. Finally, after about 6 hours, I'm informed that myself and my parents get to go. Nice! So, I left the room in Wyoming at approximately 12 PM EST to go the airport. I ended up walking in the door at home at 2:30 AM.

Even flying out, when nothing went wrong and everything was on schedule, I had to leave the house at 4 AM to get to the airport. By the time all the baggage came through (that took an hour) and we went through the rental car process (that also took an hour), it was 4 PM when we got to the room. So, I've picked up sort of a disdain for flying.

If you drive, no security checks, no delays or cancellations, and you know where your baggage is. In the trunk.

I hope I haven't scared you away from flying...

Have fun at the meetup, I sure wish I could be there. I'll get to a meetup one of these days...

Nope, you haven't scared me away from flying one bit. I'm prepared. It'll be fine...and I love traveling.

Sure, the actual travel part of it takes some time...I'll leave my house at 6am, and be in Houston at 1:20. :) I don't think that's too bad at all. :) Sorry you had that happen to ya though.

And...psssst...it's CORE_17. :p (or just Corry)

Yeah, I got that mixed up somehow in my mind. :D Sorry about that.

I normally love to travel....but this time I have to entertain Evelyn for 5 hours on a plane...........:meh:

Yes, well, Cman, the Corinna on the forum is me ... and I am NOT going to Texas for the meet-up, though I would LOVE to go to EACH and EVERY meet-up there is.

But wait: aren't you all coming to THE ONE big TPF meet-up right HERE where I AM in May 2008?

Too true: you are! :biggrin:

But now I can't wait for the PHOTOS of the Texas meet-up to start showing here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pilot.gif

I knew it was somebody that had that name!:blushing:

You have no idea how badly I want to go that big, long, international meet up project. However, there's the issue of money. And I don't think my parents will let me go by myself, even though I'll be 16 then.

Even if they did, there's still the issue of money. Say, anybody want to pay for me to come?:mrgreen:

I just hope you have another one after that; I could probably make that one if you had it. :)

There...now you can't mix me up.

I'm Corry now. ;)

Alright Corry! :) Many thanks for making it easier to tell who's who.

I feel obligated to share my real name now; you can call me Brian, since I'm planning on sticking around.

Alright Corry! :) Many thanks for making it easier to tell who's who.

I feel obligated to share my real name now; you can call me Brian, since I'm planning on sticking around.

Nice to meet you Brian.

...and I'd been thinking of changing my username to my real name for quite some time now. Just...never got around to actually DOING it.

It looks weird.

I'm totally not used to it.

Oh...and I just looked at the calendar...and realized...that I leave for Texas in LESS THAN A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stun:

I can envision it in my head....getting off the plane, scrambling hurriedly out of the terminal to baggage claim...I get there...look around...I don't see them in the crowd at first....and then...there they are....My Joe and Sky...looking sad and lonely without me.....they see me....and perk up, like little puppy dogs....then the camera goes into slow motion as we bound through the meadow towards each other....

...wait, what were we talking about? :scratch:

Most reactions

Back