It's been 9 months since I bought my first DSLR.

Not going to lie, came into this thread, read the first few lines and was ready to post a "lenses before body upgrade" since most threads like this lead to them thinking a body would improve their photography when their issues are basics.

Then, I scrolled down. Wow man, you have some really impressive work and definitely a natural eye. You've made a new fan for sure. Keep it up and I'm sorry for thinking you were anything like the normal 10 month photographers ready to upgrade their gear.

Followed on Flickr

Thanks man! I appreciate the kind words and no worries you were honest and didn't even have to tell me your initial thoughts. Glad I changed your mind. :) Yeah I upgraded both after my trip to Baja. I bought the D750 and the Nikon 14-24 2.8 at the same time. The D5200 is still a nice camera but I love night photography and the D750 is just a low light beast! I have the D5200 with the Tokina 11-18 2.8 and that's what I shot the Milky Way boat picture with so by no means is it a bad camera but we sold a body of work in Cabo San Lucas and made enough to upgrade. I also want a back up camera for traveling in case there are issues. This way I don't end up not getting any photos. That would be my worst nightmare. Seeing beautiful landscape and not be able to capture it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back