It's Been a While but I'm Back! C&C por favor

ncstater1919

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,
It's been about 6 months since I've posted anything but I just wanted you guys to look at some of the photos I've taken recently. I'm no professional (which is why I'm in the beginners section I suppose) But I do love photography and hope to be gradually progressing

so C&C please!!

DSC_0522-1.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0024-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

Thanks everyone for looking, any comments are welcome!
-Spencer

Just a note, you might expect a few more responses if you only post 2-4 pictures. But here we go...

1. I like it.
2. I love it, the composition, the bokeh, its sick.
3. Had no visual impact for me, also seemed blurred or OOF.
4. I think this one would have been a little better with the focus on the face; to me it seemed a little OOF.
5. It's nice but I find the power lines a little distracting.
6. Like it.
7. Not one of my favs.
8. I think it might have been better if you used the masonry a little more to get a little more sense of size or distance.
9. Pretty good I'm just not too fond of the ant being centered. That stringy thing in the bottom left is a little distracting as well.
10. Would be better if the trunk had a little fill lighting on it or was at least brighter.

I like #1 and found it amusing "chillin with my Gnome". lol #2, 3, & 4 are out of focus. #5 also seems to be a bit out of focus, but I like it just the same. #6 i don't like, #7 I find interesting and nicely composed, but its a shame the person on the left is not as well exposed as the person on the right. #8 I think would be better if you cropped it closer as the brick background is a bit distracting from the small snail. #9 is too out of focus to appreciate the size scale of the ant on the tree and #10 isn't all that interesting, but the focus is good.

Hi thanks for the comments everyone I'll make sure to only post a few pictures next time!

While I agree with most that was said, I don't agree that 4 is OOF. the entire point was to focus in on the shoe and for the backround to be like that. Also the point of number 7 was to have the shadow on her and her being less exposed than the girl on the right.

Idk I'm still a beginner and learning daily about photography so I appreciate all of the advice given

flems what does "bokeh" mean?

While I agree with most that was said, I don't agree that 4 is OOF. the entire point was to focus in on the shoe and for the backround to be like that.

I think Flems meant the shoe was a bit out of focus, which I agree.

ok I honestly couldnt even tell that they were OOF but I appreciate the advice and will try and work on that. I honestly think its because I used autofocus on those since they were from a while back when I didnt use manual that much but I have begun using manual more.

thanks for the compliements on the bokah, ill make sure to use this photography jargon more often hah

Most reactions

New Topics

Back