Its been fun - thanks for all the help along the way

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
That is right I am about to do it!
Take the final dive that is - and finally cast out into the wider world -

Thanks for all the help TPF - now can anyone give me some moral support

I am going to rocketblow my sensor and pray it works!

yeah, yikes. just make sure you use short burst of air, so you don't get any moisture built up in there.

Ok here gose
battery grip attached - check
batteries charged - check
rocket blower - check

here goes!

I don't know what this means..... I'm nervous for you..... but all the best.

Hey, and send a post card.

its done :)
seems to have worked

its over!
but I have no postcard :(

I was cleaning my camera sensor with the blower I have.
tis all I have to clean it with and I had a dust problem - and I am not in a position to pay and wait for the clean at a shop either -

still I have the hard clean to brave as well.

:lol:

Okay. Are you using a Giotto are something similar to blow it out or have you gone full bore with an Artic Butterfly? You might want to PM Alex on the subtilties. I think he is versed on the subject.

rocket blower tis all - no artic butterfly either so I just have to hope and pray that it has worked (will find out tomorrow - using a macro lense to test is a bad idea unless you have a perfect sheet of white paper I find ;))

That's what I have as well. Just point the camera towards the floor. :lol:

yep - got some great photos of the floor == have to to counter the huge number of ceiling shots my family has collected over the years - all as result of being to lazy to read the dial on the camera - mostly disposables - and just pointing it in the air - winding the wheel and clicking!

Sensors aren't as delicate as people imply. It's a solid sheet of glass that sits in front of every sensor. Mind you, it's a very specially coated piece of glass, but it's important to remember it's not the sensor's surface itself.

With a very light touch, and a complete absence of scrubbing, any soft surface can be used to spot-clean dust from a sensor. I've been doing it with my sensor since January now with no consequence, and I'm a very adamant pixel poker, so I'd notice if something's amiss because of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back