NoteGraphics

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
.. It's 4 Bikers in a row..

OR, a nasty 'orrible tarantula.

Some people keep these as pets.
And they had the nerve to section ME to psychiatric care.
There's no justice.

A098.jpg

(Hi J! - Hopefully this unshaven creature was in a zoo or terrarium or something, and not running around wild?) Good shot of it!

Yup, thank god it's safely locked away.
If it was up to me it would get swatted..yukky things !

1 500 watt monobloc with 1m softbox
1 500 watt monobloc with diffuser, directed onto subject via 1.5m gold reflector
1 300 watt monobloc with snoot

And a large mug of coffee to steady my nerves - I hate the blasted things !

Ah. Here we are then: this was the "brown-trousers-experience"!
Well, what a BEAUTY! :D :greenpbl:
You describe all the lights you used to take this photo but ... erm ... to be honest: I don't understand a thing of what you are describing ... but never mind: I still like this PHOTO! And I am sure this lovely creature :)greenpbl: ) is very soft to the touch! :biggrin:
How does your dear wife, in the condition she is in, cope with the brown trousers now??? I hope you do the job for her!!!! There'll be ever so many more "brown trousers" to be cleaned later in her life............. ;) Tiny ones. Endearing ones. ;)

Ah well, here's the thread for you, Jerry. I was thinking of you when I took these!!!

Nice shot! Mate of mine - his wife keeps one of these.... and a couple of lizards and some really strange crawlie things I can't remember the names of...

They are actually quite docile.

My first encounter with them was about 4 months into my tenure in the Marine Corps. My platoon was setting up a bivouac on a shlef about half way up a mountain on Camp Pendleton (halfway between San Diego and Los Angeles) about an hour before sunset. I noted that the ground was littered with little holes about 3 inches in diameter. dozens of them....everywhere. Shortly after the sun tipped his hat over the top of the mountain for the evening, the ground began to crawl. Out of each of the holes popped hundreds of Tarantulas. My skin crawls at the very memory of it. After we got used to them being there, we started screwing around with them as Marines will do if you leave them to their own devices.

After my schooling, my first permanant duty station was about 4 miles down the road from that shelf and the little buggers were not as common, but every now and again, you would see one scurrying around the barracks. I managed to catch one and keep him in my quarters as a pet for the next two years. I had a rather elaborate hampster cage for him with tubes than bent and twisted about my room...you never knew were he would be. I even got him one of those little plastic balls to run in for exercise outside of the habitrail system.

Anyway...great photo, and thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Most reactions

Back