It's cold

Man that is really cold. I never understood why it needs to get that cold. Near 10º f here. Been getting -6º at night. If there is an inversion it will be close to 30º above 8,000'. Buckets of snow on this end. Wonder if I will ever see green grass again.

malachite said:
Big winter cold front rolling through SoCal this week. Only going to get up to 60degF today........Brrrrrrrrrr :mrgreen:

You forgot to mention that it's been beautiful and sunny - it was 83f two days ago and we've only had 2 days of rain since last spring. :greenpbl:

photogoddess said:
You forgot to mention that it's been beautiful and sunny - it was 83f two days ago and we've only had 2 days of rain since last spring. :greenpbl:
Sounds like South Texas... only we've only had a half a day of rain since last spring... it's so dry out there you'll kick up a dust storm just walking outside.

Big Mike said:
The wind chill here today is the same in both Celsius and Fahenheit.... -40

I was working outside last night! Augh! It was horrible! I think it got colder at night. The wind was beyond words. We worked for 20 mins, took 10 off. :(

After reading you're weather reports, I'm starting to feel like I'm toasty here. It's supposed to be around 1F tonight, but it's been pretty windy the past two days, so I'm sure if I looked it up, there'd be a negative something windchill. I was almost in short sleeves 3 days ago.

JonK said:
Today
Sunny with cloudy periods. Wind west 30 km/h gusting to 50. High minus 22. Extreme wind chill minus 44.

:meh: :( :cry:

I can't complain about Edmonton weather when a Manitobain is around...they don't call Winnipeg, Winterpeg for nothing.

Big Mike said:
I can't complain about Edmonton weather when a Manitobain is around...they don't call Winnipeg, Winterpeg for nothing.
You said it man!
I used to live in northern Manitoba near a small city called Thompson. The big american and european car manufacturers regularly bring their new vehicles there for cold weather testing as it has the longest periods of unbroken severe cold weather. bone chilling, shiver-me-timbers cold folks.:crazy: we're talking -50C type stuff; even -60C with the wind chills at times. There are places as cold but they dont have the infrastructure necessary for the testers.
summer's just as nice with the raging forest fires and blood sucking black flies. wheeee! :D welcome to Canada

Most reactions

New Topics

Back